cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-purchase a game

Keranov
Level 3

Hi. I am new with VR, so Quest 2 is my first VR. I just bought 4 days ago.

I install the Oculus app on my PC and bought Beat saber and a lot of Beat saber music packs. When I started my OQ2, I was askes to buy Beat Saber again ?!?! Why? I am confused?! PC ordered games and VR set ordered games are different ?! So i refunded the game. But I cannot refund all those music packs I bought. Finaly my refund was aproved and my questions are :

1. If I purchase again Beat saber from my Oculus Quest 2 device BEFORE refund money comes back to my account, is there any danger  to double pay the game- I mean to pay 29,99 again and refund money to be canceled

2. All these music packs which I allready payed, will I be able to use in newly purchased Beat Saber game ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

@Keranov wrote:

I install the Oculus app on my PC and bought Beat saber and a lot of Beat saber music packs. When I started my OQ2, I was askes to buy Beat Saber again ?!?! Why? I am confused?! PC ordered games and VR set ordered games are different ?!

PC and Quest are two different incompatible platforms. The PC is running Windows on Intel/AMD CPUs. The Quest is running Android on a Snapdragon CPU. So games need to be remade for each.

Developers can choose if a game is "cross buy". This means if buying one version of the game gives you a free copy of the other version of the game.

Microsoft have the same thing, they call it "Play Anywhere". If you buy an Xbox game, you get to play on PC too. But only some games are Play Anywhere, most need to be bought again.

PC and Quest have different stores. The Oculus desktop app can only access the PC store.

(The mobile app can access both stores, you have to choose which to look at. Same with the web store)

The developers of Beat Saber decided it isn't cross buy. So buying on PC means you only get the PC version. Buying on Quest only gives you the Quest version.

But they did choose cross buy for the music packs. So the ones you bought on PC should be fine on the Quest.

https://twitter.com/beatsaber/status/1202161100692819968?lang=en

There's a list of cross buy games here: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/section/2335732183153590/

Oh, and be careful, cross buy only works for games bought from the Oculus store, not other stores. For example Audica from Oculus is cross buy (PC and Quest) but Audica from Steam isn't (it's PC only, but otherwise identical).

One other aspect to consider is Link. Using a Link (a USB cable) or Airlink (Wifi) you can turn your Quest into a PC headset. This lets you play PC games on your PC and stream the game to the Quest (the Quest doesn't actually play it itself). So a PC game that isn't cross buy can be played with a Quest, if you use Link and have a good PC. It doesn't work the other way though, there is currently no way to play a Quest only game on a PC.

It's all rather confusing, but the same thing happens with Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey Keranov, welcome to the Quest family! It sounds like you had some issues when trying to purchase and install your first Quest game. No worries, this is something we are happy to assist you with. Currently, we have two separate Oculus stores: a Quest store and a Rift store. You want to be sure to purchase games using our Quest store to ensure you're able to play them on your Quest device. You can purchase Beat Saber on our Quest store here.

1. You can purchase Beat Saber on our Quest Store and your refund for Beat Saber on the Rift Store will not be canceled. You will still be refunded for that purchase.

2. You will likely need to repurchase the music packs on our Quest Store just as you did with Beat Saber. You can contact our Support Team here if you're unable to refund those purchases on your Oculus mobile app. 

Let us know if you have any other questions and enjoy your new Quest 2 headset! 

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

@Keranov wrote:

I install the Oculus app on my PC and bought Beat saber and a lot of Beat saber music packs. When I started my OQ2, I was askes to buy Beat Saber again ?!?! Why? I am confused?! PC ordered games and VR set ordered games are different ?!

PC and Quest are two different incompatible platforms. The PC is running Windows on Intel/AMD CPUs. The Quest is running Android on a Snapdragon CPU. So games need to be remade for each.

Developers can choose if a game is "cross buy". This means if buying one version of the game gives you a free copy of the other version of the game.

Microsoft have the same thing, they call it "Play Anywhere". If you buy an Xbox game, you get to play on PC too. But only some games are Play Anywhere, most need to be bought again.

PC and Quest have different stores. The Oculus desktop app can only access the PC store.

(The mobile app can access both stores, you have to choose which to look at. Same with the web store)

The developers of Beat Saber decided it isn't cross buy. So buying on PC means you only get the PC version. Buying on Quest only gives you the Quest version.

But they did choose cross buy for the music packs. So the ones you bought on PC should be fine on the Quest.

https://twitter.com/beatsaber/status/1202161100692819968?lang=en

There's a list of cross buy games here: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/section/2335732183153590/

Oh, and be careful, cross buy only works for games bought from the Oculus store, not other stores. For example Audica from Oculus is cross buy (PC and Quest) but Audica from Steam isn't (it's PC only, but otherwise identical).

One other aspect to consider is Link. Using a Link (a USB cable) or Airlink (Wifi) you can turn your Quest into a PC headset. This lets you play PC games on your PC and stream the game to the Quest (the Quest doesn't actually play it itself). So a PC game that isn't cross buy can be played with a Quest, if you use Link and have a good PC. It doesn't work the other way though, there is currently no way to play a Quest only game on a PC.

It's all rather confusing, but the same thing happens with Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

Thanks for your detail explanation. Now everything is clear for me. 

Best regards !!!

Thanks!!!. Very detail explanation. Helps a lot

Best regards !!!