cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red spots on cheeks where the Oculus rests?

Kingpinx
Level 3

Hey everyone. Love the Oculus; best thing I've bought in years but I've developed red spots on my cheeks below my eyes where the headset sits and they take weeks to go away. 

I see Oculus are aware of this issue and wondered if there was a solution? I now use a silicone mask but it looks like the damage is done because the spots reappeared. The foam was also washed after every session and I never used the Quest more than 20-30 minutes at a time (FitXR session i play is only 20-30 mins)

I'm 47 and never had acne or skin issues until the week after I used the quest in 2020.

I've had to stop playing the quest now until I can sort this but wanted to ask if the community had a solution other than the coverings I've used? 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

LtJamesWatts
Level 5

Hello Kingpinx,

To me this sounds like some sort of allergic reaction.
Why wash the foam so often and did you use any product while doing so?

I think personally that you should do a check via your doctor, take the goggles with you, but you probably will be sent to a hospital where they can really test on a multitude of allergic reactions you might have.

Never heard about this problem before so that's why I think its an allergic reaction to some of the material being used or if you use a certain product to wash the foam and even often it seems.

Take care and consider this.

vr360bln
Level 3

are you wearing the headset without any cover? I suggest buying a cotton cover from vrcover or ask your grandma stitching one for you ... I would never would only come close to my beautifull skin with that plastic poisened foam with comes as default with the headset....

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, please submit a ticket to us by clicking here, we'd like to look into this. Thanks.