cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redeeming Store credit

spitfire6
Explorer

I received $10 store credit via email from Oculus with a code. When I attempted to use it to purchase "Thrill of the Fight" in the Oculus store I was unsuccessful. In my account under "Payment Methods" there is the option "Store Credit: $10.00 make default method" which says there is a problem when I click on it.

Please assist me as I would still like to get the "Thrill of the Fight" game before the credit expires.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes you need a payment type to cover additional fees and taxes.  so add a paypal account, to it select paypal as primary and apply the 10 credit.  Then check out.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

PITTCANNA
Visionary

do you have a primary payment method like paypal?

you need to have primary payment, because the total of the game works out to more like 11.00 after taxes.

so you need to have money to cover the taxes. 

Ok. You mean that although the game is listed as $9.99 in the store it is in reality more than that when you add taxes?

So then the steps should be

• add a payment type like paypal
  • go to store and click on game to purchase
  • then I should only be billed for the taxes (credit is $10)

I am new at this and any help is appreciated

Yes you need a payment type to cover additional fees and taxes.  so add a paypal account, to it select paypal as primary and apply the 10 credit.  Then check out.

ok thank you. will give it a shot

did you get it worked out?

spitfire6
Explorer

I have not tried it as yet. Will try it as soon as I reach home and will update you

Thanks

spitfire6
Explorer

Good Day  Pittcanna

Success!. I followed your directions and it worked. The billing system did put everything in place once I created my primary payment method. However the cost of the item remained the same ($9.99) no additional payment for taxes was required of my primary account ( my store credit was $10). I was able to then download, install and play the game.

Thanks for the help again

well this helped me because i had the same issue 

dark4une
Honored Guest

I received an email from Oculus stating I had a 10.00 credit to use by February 10th. Is there a way to tell if it's legit?