cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral

FredRoy11
Level 2

Hi,

Sister and I bought Oculus Quest to our Mother. My sister did not buy it with the referral link in order to avoid the Oculus Quest being linked to her Facebook account. Now, that we have the Oculus, how can I get the $35 referral?

Would it work if I sent the link to my Mother, we have not set up the oculus yet Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey there, that's a really good question. We definitely understand the inconvenience this has caused, and we wish we could help out more! If you check out the procedures outlined in this article, the only way to redeem the $35 referral would've been through purchasing the Oculus device through the Facebook referral link.

Suppenkoch
Level 2

I'm trying to send it exactly written in the article. Inside of the app I just get an error "could not be sent" without any reasonings.

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey there! We are here to help iron out any issues you're experiencing with sending a Referral link. Make sure your Oculus account is merged with a Facebook account, and that the person you want to send a link to is in one of our supported countries. If you need any more help with sending a referral link, please don't hesitate to contact Oculus Support HERE, and be sure to provide a screenshot of the error you encounter so we can better assist you. Thanks!

We did all of that. Acount is merged, too.

The support we are not able to connect, cause the javascript is not opening to start a ticket, neither for sending an email or a chat. Tried from different devices and browsers. Something is wrong with the website there.

Anyways it does not resolve the issue in the app itself, being not able to send a referral. Just as I said the message "Could not been send" appears after chosing the person whom I intend to send to.

I tried it from both an android but also an apple device.

Inside of the app there was a option to record the error which appears. I did so, but so far I did not got any respond by the Oculus team, sadly.

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hi, Suppenkoch! Please click here https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us with your 8 digit ticket number. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.