cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render resolution and multiplier on link and quest 2

phrogz
Honored Guest

Hello,

I was comparing the graphical settings with a friend in flight simulator when we discovered we didn't have the same resolution using the same multiplier and the same frequence in the oculus link.

Friend: 72Hz x1.3 = 5408x2736

Me:  72Hz x1.3 = 4864x2448

Is there an explanation? On what is based the multiplier?

4 REPLIES 4

phrogz
Honored Guest

*bump*

kojack
MVP
MVP

Are both of your headsets the same type (Quest 1 or Quest 2) and are they running the same firmware / OS versions? Sometimes Oculus changes the resolution of the 1.0 base pixel density (I've seen it change a few times over the years).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

nalex66
MVP
MVP

1.0 represents the recommended resolution for your system, but I believe that can change based on your hardware—if you have a higher-end GPU, the base-line recommended resolution may be higher.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

CydianBryce
Honored Guest

I have noticed similar - a you-tuber posting settings had a resolution at slider setting 1.3 that didnt match mine for the same refresh rate. Also, I noticed my slider now goes to 1.9 - it used to be just 1.7 max.

Also, why to the resolutions differ for different refresh rate - 1.3 at 90hz is different to 120hz.

Any insight appreciated.