cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Part - The extender for eye glasses.

joeob
Honored Guest
I lost the extender that came with the set.  The part that pushes out the device so you can wear glasses. I have searched on Amazon to try and find a replacement, but can find one. And I can't find any way to contact Occulus to ask them about it. Does anyone know where I might find this part or how I can contact Occulus to ask them about it? 
Thanks 
3 REPLIES 3

enigma01
Trustee
Contact them here https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

You can also live chat with them if available by clicking the green speech icon bottom right.

You can but the Oculus standard interface as a spare from the Oculus site, although I’m not sure this would also include the glasses spacer.

You could also try a different 3rd party interface such as VR Covers or AMVR if Oculus can’t provide a spare. 

ezop73
Rising Star
If you can't manage to get a replacement from oculus you could either look on Thingiverse and see if someone will 3d print one for you or if not then your best bet would be looking at prescription lens inserts.

tateconcepts
Protege
I guess one could ask the dev team if they will upload the CAD print to Thingiverse, however I doubt they will as this borders on "intellectual Property". Hmmm, I support @ezop73 on this matter but again, Facebook may not legally be in a position to do or permit this. Do you know anyone with one that would let you take a picture of theirs?

If so, there are several 3D scanning apps that would covert such picture into an .STL for which you could then take to your local library or high school and print there (our library might permit this). I own one just for this reason and I suggest you to do the same. The other thought is, you could also mold one. I don't think it has to very very solid, could be a softer plastic and still function. I took a moment to search for you and there are several which might work. You also also order similar items from Esty.

Try looking on Thingiverse or hxxps://www[.]thingiverse[.]com/thing:3642004 or for thing:3653631 (These are defanged for obvious legal and indexing reasons - provided for reference only). I think what you are really looking for however is the face spacer not the eye ring spacers. This might be it hxxps://www[.]thingiverse[.]com/thing:3777527

For Esty of course hxxps://www[.]etsy[.]com/listing/722134086/oculus-quest-rift-s-lens-protector