cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted Games

swiftlyau
Explorer

I've gone to buy Superhot and many different games but aren't allowed to be purchased. Keep in mind Superhot is rated M (Australian ratings) which is the equivalent of PG-13 in the US and I can't buy it at the age of 14 which both my parents and I find dumb. I have linked a parent account to my account and there is no way of asking the parent to remove the restrictions even though articles like this one say there is. I've heard a solution to it is having an adult account on the same headset but I don't really want that as it is my own. My parents also don't want notifications every time I want to purchase something as I have personal money where I can make my own financial decisions.

These restrictions should be optional and should have never been forced on every single account. Is there anyone who can help further with this?

UPDATE: In the parent dashboard you are able to search apps but not allow them due to their rating? In the article it says, "Different teens have different maturity levels, and parents know their teens best.", so why are parents not able to allow access to games no matter their ratings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FunkyTanuki
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey swiftlyau,

There is no way to get around it on its own. If you are not of age needed for the game then you cannot purchase it. This change started in May and is outlined in the article you read. To override this you must have a linked Parent account. The instructions on how to fully link and allow permissions on purchases are in the article as well. I understand not wanting to add a Parent account to yours but if you want to purchase games outside of your age restrictions then this is how to do it. If you see that the Parent account still can't give access to the game purchase, open a support ticket HERE and let them know what's going on. They should be able to look into it further.

"I Have Found That People Lie, Most Often Deceiving Themselves. Not So The Dead. The Dead Are So Very, Very Loud. And Yet, Lying Is Not In Their Nature. It Is So... Humbling, To Listen To The Dead Speak."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

FunkyTanuki
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey swiftlyau,

There is no way to get around it on its own. If you are not of age needed for the game then you cannot purchase it. This change started in May and is outlined in the article you read. To override this you must have a linked Parent account. The instructions on how to fully link and allow permissions on purchases are in the article as well. I understand not wanting to add a Parent account to yours but if you want to purchase games outside of your age restrictions then this is how to do it. If you see that the Parent account still can't give access to the game purchase, open a support ticket HERE and let them know what's going on. They should be able to look into it further.

"I Have Found That People Lie, Most Often Deceiving Themselves. Not So The Dead. The Dead Are So Very, Very Loud. And Yet, Lying Is Not In Their Nature. It Is So... Humbling, To Listen To The Dead Speak."

Munchyolly1
Honored Guest

Meta/facebook have messed up the code and it is impossible to my knowlege to get a M rated game if you are under 15, Which is really quite sad as the link that meta provides, which is the ratings, says that anyone under 15 may legally access with an advisory ((in australia)Doesn't work)

zxyla
Honored Guest

This sucks man, they let me buy the games I wanted too, but won't let me open them because of age restriction, can't unblock them from the parents account, support is useless. I don't know how this company has a monopoly man. Support just said basically "did you make sure you pressed allow in the app?" and didn't help for an hour, like literally wtf. I just blew $84 and I can't use the games for 4 years. Just had to vent guys, apologies.

Pentoser
Explorer

What happens if you use side quest on restricted account? Can you install everything or jus kiddie games? Are sidequest games rated?