cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift CV1 to Quest 2

Geoff-911
Honored Guest
Hi All I`m thinking of buying a Quest 2 after playinbg on my Son-in-Laws over Christmas, he has a link cable so it is like the rift in he can use steam games and other games on Oculus store, My question is I got the CV1 years ago and still like to play my original games like "Luckys Tale" "from other suns" (My old Rift games) but want to know if anyone here has gone from the CV1 to the Quest 2 and still been able to play all there CV1 games on the Quest 2 using the link cable? or is there a list of none working games you can no longer play.
Anyone have any infor if using the link cable turns the Quest 2 into a Rift.
Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star
I would highly recommend buying the official link cable, unless you know a hell of a lot about it and can factually confirm the specs of another equivalent and cheaper cable. The official cable is very long, and if you want good data transfer over that length of cable it NEEDS to be an active (not passive) copper shielded cable. I worry you’ll end up purchasing it in the long run anyway if you try to get away with other cables before hand (obviously if you already own said cables, go for it while you wait.)

f you own the games via steam or the oculus store then they should work with the “quest link” (that’s what it’s called when you hook the quest 2 to PC). 

Geoff-911
Honored Guest

I would highly recommend buying the official link cable, unless you know a hell of a lot about it and can factually confirm the specs of another equivalent and cheaper cable. The official cable is very long, and if you want good data transfer over that length of cable it NEEDS to be an active (not passive) copper shielded cable. I worry you’ll end up purchasing it in the long run anyway if you try to get away with other cables before hand (obviously if you already own said cables, go for it while you wait.)

f you own the games via steam or the oculus store then they should work with the “quest link” (that’s what it’s called when you hook the quest 2 to PC). 

cheers for the quick reply I do know my way around the Rift, but it was more finding out if anything in my games like the ones mentioned would still work, on the cable my son-inlawe had one from amazon the worked great for him (cost him £28)

ohgrant
Superstar
 Yes all your games are still officially supported. The Quest 2 when connected is a Rift as far as the software is concerned. Kind of like Steam, the games are always yours regardless what you're running it on. 
 The link has slightly higher requirements and the higher resolution may be an issue if your system is borderline, you will get a PC resource impact with the upgrade.   
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Geoff-911
Honored Guest
cheers for the reply, nice to know my games will work, my system should be ok too, albeit a ageing system with 7700k 32GB and 2070 I cant see much of a problem for now 🙂