cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right controller not working reliably on Home screen

Anonymous
Not applicable
My right Touch controller seems to be working properly within apps, but when I'm on the Home screen, it doesn't work reliably. When I start up the Quest, I cannot select anything with the right controller, although if I point at an app or console button, and press A, the highlight will flash but otherwise do nothing. 

I can temporarily fix this by going into an app. Once I'm out of the app, the right controller will often work normally on the Home screen, but when I restart the Quest, it's back to not functioning again.

Is this an issue with the controller, or the headset, or...?

Thank you for any advice!

Josh
24 REPLIES 24

carpetgaffer
Honored Guest
Just set up my unit. Same problem right hand not working!! .

Regards Colin

SteveG7RTA
Heroic Explorer
Mine sometimes says “right controller not found” when I switch on. I have to briefly/partially remove the battery & put it back again. Usually fine after that.
i have seen the same error with the left controller too, but it’s usually the right one.

OctopusGarden
Explorer
Oculus is not going to fix anything.   I purchased an Quest had issues with the controller.   They're solution was to delete everything with a factory reset.   I sent it back to Amazon.   I got a replacement Quest.   Had the same type problem with the second one.   Again all they want to do is factory reset.   I sent it back for a full refund.   The Quest is a piece of crap.   If you're having issues then you should send it back and get a refund.   I reverted back to the Go.   Never buying anything from Oculus again.  Learned my lesson.

StoneyBeatZ
Expert Protege
This right controller issue is STILL GOING ON and it's almost 2020, what kind of update fixed this because WHY DONT I HAVE IT? what ended up fixing you guys right controllers, because 1 hour after opening ours for xmas, ours stopped working and doing the same thing. If oculus was working on an update to fix this 6 months ago, why is this problem still happening in almost 2020? I need help understanding this. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
All I did was download the new version when they told me they'd pushed it. It worked first time, every time. I'm not sure what to tell you, other than that the problem you're having must be a different one from the one I described. (You DO have the latest version of the firmware, yes?)