cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(SOLVED) My quest always loads

Animaxtra
Explorer
So basically all the time whether I'm in a game or at the dashboard, it always shows the three loading dots for about a second and then it dissapears, it happens all the time and I am getting sick of it, I don't know if its a problem with my WiFi as it is a little slow but it still does it in offline games like beat saber which is annoying cause then it always pauses midway through song, it could be a problem with the headset I got?, I don't know but at this rate I may return my headset, is anyone else having this issue, found any solutions? 
12 REPLIES 12

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
No I don't have any issues like that, whats the memory size and how much of it have you filled.  You could also shut the device off and reboot it (not sleep it) - then there is always to option to return to factory, you will want to do this before returning it anyway IMO.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

Animaxtra
Explorer

Umpa_PC said:

No I don't have any issues like that, whats the memory size and how much of it have you filled.  You could also shut the device off and reboot it (not sleep it) - then there is always to option to return to factory, you will want to do this before returning it anyway IMO.

I have the 64gb model and I have filled around 40gb of it, I always do shut the device off after use, and it has been happening since I got it which was 4 days ago

Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly could be an issue tracking the room boundary or something that is throwing it off and it’s pausing before reestablishing the boundary an continuing.

try cleaning lenses / changing lighting / facing a different way to see if there is any consistency.

or try in a completely different place with new boundary to see if it still occurs.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
I have only had mine two days, its the 128GB version.  I get the 3 dots when I put the headset on and it wakes up, but thats it they never appear again, until the next time I put it on.  So as your actually playing a game it does it ? 

Have you changed any of the settings regarding sleep ?
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also clean the 4 camera lenses with something soft and dry, see if it solves.

Animaxtra
Explorer

davemyles said:

Possibly could be an issue tracking the room boundary or something that is throwing it off and it’s pausing before reestablishing the boundary an continuing.

try cleaning lenses / changing lighting / facing a different way to see if there is any consistency.

or try in a completely different place with new boundary to see if it still occurs.

I am starting to think that's the case, as I have an extremely small space to play it in, just large enough to not swing my arms to trigger the guardian,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, I have a small dark room with not a lot of natural light and sometimes had lost tracking issues. The room light didn’t always help.

I resolved it by buying an IR floodlight used for CCTV night vision,  now it works perfect, even in the dark which is also good to stop any light leakage from the nose gap  🙂

Animaxtra
Explorer

davemyles said:

Yep, I have a small dark room with not a lot of natural light and sometimes had lost tracking issues. The room light didn’t always help.

I resolved it by buying an IR floodlight used for CCTV night vision,  now it works perfect, even in the dark which is also good to stop any light leakage from the nose gap  🙂

So yours would show the three dots in a game? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the tracking loss was minor it might just black out and then the 3 dots would show whilst the game came back on, but generally I’d get the “tracking lost” window pop up first then 3 dots as it was restoring. It varies depending on how bad the loss is.

your issue may be different if your not seeing any “tracking lost” window or blackout.

as Umpa_PC says you could try factory reset and see if it still occurs, failing that create a support ticket as it may be a HW issue with your headset.