cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Oculus Quest Charger Not Working

IAmJayk
Explorer
[SOLVED]

As mentioned earlier, I now have a solution to the Oculus Quest Charger Not Working’.

In order for the Quest charger to function properly you must plug it in firmly then slightly lift up the bottom of the ending attached to the Quest. o5558vv3ma2o.jpeg

You should see a little bit of the white metal USB C popping out and I guarantee you that it will charge. 

Try it now and if it works for you if so then like this/mark as answered/comment to let me know it worked. 

FYI I’ve still gotten a replacement so I will inspect if it’s the same on others however I doubt the issue will be on another Quest since not everyone had this charging issue. 
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

IAmJayk
Explorer
I think it’s the adapter, I have the same issue and when I listened to the adapter up close when it was on, it was making a buzzing noise, even after I took it out... 

View solution in original post

IAmJayk
Explorer
Update: After several attempts I have got the charger to work, currently charging it to 100% then getting it replaced.

I advise others to try the same, I believe it’s to do with either the power plug (Since it makes a cracking noise when it’s plugged in and after unplugged), or just a fault in the system which may be fixed in an update?

I think it may also be caused by the headset being turned automatically on when put on the head along with the charger being plugged in during that time of it turning on, which may cause a glitch.

I don’t recommend using any other chargers unless they are of the same voltage which is 5W I believe.

Hope this helps y’all. ?

IAmJayk
Explorer
(SOLVED)

As mentioned above, in my recent message I know have a solution. 

In order for the Quest charger to function properly you must plug it in firmly then slightly lift up the bottom of the ending attached to the Quest. o5558vv3ma2o.jpeg

You shluld see a little bit of the white metal USB C popping out and I guarantee you that it will charge. 

Try it mow and if it works for you please mark this as solved.

FYI I’ve still gotten a replacement so I will inspect if it’s the same on others however I doubt the issue will be on Another one since not everyone had this charging issue. 

105 REPLIES 105

dc2889
Expert Protege
f6urd0j0jcxj.jpgI have the same problem smh 

dc2889
Expert Protege
I’m using my switch charger to hopefully add some life to the battery then will go back to quest charger 

IAmJayk
Explorer
I think it’s the adapter, I have the same issue and when I listened to the adapter up close when it was on, it was making a buzzing noise, even after I took it out... 

dc2889
Expert Protege
Yea I think so I switch back to quest charger nothing 

joshmeehan
Honored Guest
I’m having a similar issue. My Quest worked the first charge, then I went to charge it when I ran low and no charging light nor charge happening what so ever. I’ve turned it off and on. Waited for it to cool before trying again, nothing. 

voigtboy
Honored Guest
Mine would never charge period.... Played for 3 hours and it is completely dead.  Support says to wait....

VRexplorer17
Explorer
I'm having a charging issue as well.  Left in plugged in for hours and came back to the headset with only 5% battery left?

sn0man007
Honored Guest
I am having the same charging problem... What is the official response from support on what to do?

FlakMagnet
Adventurer

voigtboy said:

Mine would never charge period.... Played for 3 hours and it is completely dead.  Support says to wait....

Wait for what exactly? This sounds like a broken design.