cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screeching noise

pizzacatwas
Honored Guest

I was playing vr chat when my oculus quest 2 got really laggy and started playing a screeching noise and turned off.

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there pizzacatwas! Let's look into this and get your headset up and running again. Are you able to power on the headset again?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Yes 

Okay, that's great. We would like to look into this further with you to make sure there aren't any more issues at play here. Please PM us and we'll work this out together. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey! We want to check in and see if your headset issues have been resolved. Please let us know if we can help in any way.

Just happened to me as well

didnt happen to me but happened with my brother and it was the loudest pitched screech ive heard and i heard it from his own room he said the noise hurt like hell hopefully this problem doesnt happen again 

Boosted_Dwight
Honored Guest

I got completely blasted with the loudest screech known to man just now after unplugging my headset. Had to hard power it off twice to get it to work again. 

To be specific: I plugged in my Steel series Arctic 7P wirelessly on to the quest 2. I'm guessing plugging anything other than the power cable to the USB C port is a big no. Either way I'm not plugging anything into this thing any time soon.

same thing happened to me, using my steelseries arctis 1 plugged in to my usb c port after i unplugged i heard myself twice, took the headset off and it screeched and turned off