cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenshot taking using the menu+trigger no longer seems to work on Q1

MrRalphMan
Level 3
Might be a silly question, but when did they remove the menu+trigger to take a screen shot. I was playing Echo One today and attempted to take some screen shots to show the daughter-in-law, but assume I just reset my view a bunch of times. Lol
This is on the Q1 by the way.
Also no one mention the voice commands as I'm in the UK and apparently we can't have nice things.
5 REPLIES 5

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey MrRalphMan, thanks for reaching out! We understand how exciting the legendary world of VR can be and wanting to share the experience with our loved ones; however, some experiences do disable some of your Quest's screen sharing features while you are using the app. You can always verify whether or not this feature is disabled by pulling up the universal menu and checking the Sharing panel to see which screen sharing features are allowed for each VR experience.

Our voice command feature is currently only available to people using Oculus in the United States with English set as the default language. We'd be more than happy to get you pointed in the right direction to share your feedback regarding global support for voice commands; you can send your thoughts over to our UserVoice channel here!

Cheers!

MrRalphMan
Level 3

Hi, thanks for the reply, but this isn't working in the Oculus menu either when no game is running.

Also this is for taking a screenshot, not sharing the screen.

Paul

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hi there! Yes, taking a screenshot is a little different now! When you press the Oculus button on the right controller, you would open the sharing panel and press "take photo." The article for it is here: https://support.oculus.com/615186776533677 

I'm not familiar with Echo One, so is it a PCVR or Quest native game? I think the screenshot facility using the controller only works in Quest games. I've just tried it now and taken several shots of Quest games but trying it in AirLink just reset the view.

Hi, 

This is a PCVR game that I was playing using Virtual Desktop.  So you are right it might not allow me to take a screenshot anymore, but even in the Oculus Home it wouldn't and I'm sure it used to.  

I will test further tonight and see what happens. 

Paul