cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since v25, the original quest cannot see higher 5ghz wifi channels, and connection speed got worse.

Lenr0k
Level 2

Since the v25 firmware update, the headset cannot see my wifi routers 5ghz band if i set it to higher channels, wich is an issue, because there are many 5ghz wifi routers in the area on the lower channels. I can set my wifi router to channel 36, 40, 44, 48, 149, 153, 157, and 161, but the headset only sees 36, 40, 44, 48, wich is a problem because many routers in the area would interfere with my router on thoose channels. The headset has seen the higher channels in v23, but seemingly lost the ability to see them after the v25 firmware update.

I have also noticed that the connection speed and stability to the router noticeably and greatly decreased after the update and me setting my wifi router to lower channels. This is an issue, because i use my headset with my PC trough ALVR (wireless SteamVR trough a wifi router), and that requires a stable and fast connection to the wifi router.

I contacted support, but all they could say is try rebooting the headset (something i do every day), and that they are looking into the issue.
I am considering downgrading the firmware if this doesn't get fixed. Is there a way to do that?

0 REPLIES 0