cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skin irritation

julaboy
Honored Guest
When I use the quest 2 after like 1hours my face get irritating red spot under my eyes and its during 2-3 days. someone has the same problem as me ? 
3 REPLIES 3

lensmandave
Superstar
I don't have the problem but I guess you may have some reaction to the foam padding. Maybe an alternative face pad might solve the problem. I can recommend the medical grade silicon covers from VRCover.
https://vrcover.com/item/oculus-quest-2-silicone-cover/
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hello and thank you for sharing your concerns regarding this matter. We are investigating reports of facial skin irritation occurring after using the Oculus Quest 2 where the foam interface rests on the face. If you have any questions or need support, please click here for more information.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
Are you using the default strap? Even if you don't have an allergy, the Quest can still put a lot of pressure on your cheeks.

Some peoples' skin reacts strongly to pressure.

The Elite Headstrap helps a lot, and the Deluxe Audio Strap takes almost all the pressure off your cheeks.

The silicon covers are also nice. I can't stand getting my headset back with someone else's sweat on it. You can just wipe the silicon clean and it's hypoallergenic. So, I can second that.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2