cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] SUPPORT ME !!!! - Black Screen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not long ago I bought a quest, everything worked fine. But today I turned it on and I see only a black screen, my hands are displayed, tatches are also visible when I pick them up. But the environment is not visible, nothing is visible! Reboot does not help what to do ??? Is it a marriage? How to reset the android on the oculus to the factory setting?
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
 tatches  =  controllers

ArioonVR
Honored Guest
Seems to be a hardware issue. Contact the place where you bought the quest from and tell them your issue i'd contact oculus support though just to be sure.

ohgrant
Superstar
 Sounds like you need to restart it. Hold the button on the right side until you see the option to restart. If you have it plugged into your PC, unplug it until you restart. Factory reset as a last option because you will have to update and install everything from scratch 
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

ezop73
Rising Star

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahhhh. It's okay! It turns out just forgot to turn on the light in the room))))) But! There is another problem. Almost always, it can often be said that you put on an oculus and he asks to draw the playing area again ... How to fix it, it seems like it was said that the system remembers the room, but here it just bothers!

ArioonVR
Honored Guest

Mr-Ro6ot said:

Ahhhh. It's okay! It turns out just forgot to turn on the light in the room))))) But! There is another problem. Almost always, it can often be said that you put on an oculus and he asks to draw the playing area again ... How to fix it, it seems like it was said that the system remembers the room, but here it just bothers!

I have that issue but my fix is to not do any big changes around lighting whatever around your room

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a suggestion. If you post an issue to the forums you specify the issue in the header. It's the only thing people can see as they are browsing.  eg "Help. When I turn my quest on all I see is a black screen🙂

ufcfan said:

Just a suggestion. If you post an issue to the forums you specify the issue in the header. It's the only thing people can see as they are browsing.  eg "Help. When I turn my quest on all I see is a black screen🙂

Yep, good advice. I've updated the thread title and added solved as that also helps other people who maybe didn't realise the headsets need some illumination.