cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strap with battery

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey everyone, sorry if this has already been posted, I searched and didn't find it.

I already have the elite strap for my Quest 2, but I'm considering the elite strap with the battery in the future.....but I was wondering, is it simply a strap with a battery pack on the back, similar to a battery pack you might carry with you while traveling to charge your cell phone, ect?  If so, do you think there would be any difference between buying the elite strap w/battery vs just strapping a small battery pack I already have to the side of my elite strap?
3 REPLIES 3

crxefx
Expert Protege
No difference in general. This has been a pretty normal mod with the quest all along. I've never tried it myself as I don't play vr for more than an hour/hour and a half. The only thing that sticks out that I have read is you want a high amp output battery bank. Such as 5v@2.4 amp. The mah (milli amp hour) rating is total capacity, 20,000mah should be more than sufficient for an extra 2-4 hours of play, maybe way more. The 5v@2.4 amp is the amount of power being supplied constantly by the battery, this will be noted as output current. If that makes sense. I'm not crunching any numbers here, just random calculations off the top of my head. Hope this helps!

crxefx
Expert Protege
The Q2 factory a/c charger is 5v@2 amp, I'd say that should be the minimum spec for a battery bank. Again, just a late night opinion!

URdeadAgain
Honored Guest

Hey everyone, sorry if this has already been posted, I searched and didn't find it.

I already have the elite strap for my Quest 2, but I'm considering the elite strap with the battery in the future.....but I was wondering, is it simply a strap with a battery pack on the back, similar to a battery pack you might carry with you while traveling to charge your cell phone, ect?  If so, do you think there would be any difference between buying the elite strap w/battery vs just strapping a small battery pack I already have to the side of my elite strap?

It is just a standard charging pack, but merely fastening one on the side of your head won't be a great solution. Consider balancing, or placing it on your head to prevent discomfort...hence the elite battery strap. Me personally, I just bought an Anker 20A/hr charger. Its last significantly longer, but the battery pack takes a full night to charge.
I leave this in my back pocket with a USB C cable velcro'ed to the center strap up the back of my head.