cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in a Facebook oculus login loop of death.

kucingmaboek
Level 2

Tried to login to use my quest 2, app says to log in using Facebook or oculus. I've already merged the two so I click facebook. It takes me to facebook website, which prompts me to login and go back to oculus app. Once I get back to oculus app it asks me to log in using Facebook.

If I go the other route and use oculus log in, it says this account is already merged, please use Facebook login. So I'm stuck. The website and app are both doing the same thing. I cannot play anything because I must be logged into Facebook. Can anyone help? I've used the chat function and the help is no better then "have you tried restarting your pc". Has anyone had this issue or seen a complaint about it? my ticket numbers is 76528

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

install facebook apps from playstore/appstore, my oculus apps keep crashing because error while try to intent facebook app that i hadnt installed yet

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey Iqbal, we'd be more than happy to look into this if you haven't reached out to us yet. Please click here to submit a ticket and provide your device serial number. Thanks!

Sagro
Level 2

Hi, I have the same issue, did you find a fix? thanks

install facebook apps from playstore/appstore, my oculus apps keep crashing because error while try to intent facebook app that i hadnt installed yet

View solution in original post

nanolab
Level 2

You should contact the Oculus support (use the Chat feature in the bottom right corner here: https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new )

Then write them the following:

Hello. I am stuck in the Oculus/Facebook login loop. Can't use my new Quest 2 device. Please unmerge the accounts so that I can fix that.

I am really frustrated to face the login bug. There are many mentions on the internet of the "login loop" and you still haven't fixed it. Everywhere it says that support should unmerge the oculus and facebook accounts so that they can be apparently merged again but properly...
my email is ???????????????? - for both Oculus and Facebook
the S/N (or order number) for Quest 2 is ID: ?????????????????????

You should get help in a few minutes after that.