cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on Logo Screen

TheExceprion
Protege
So was playing beat saber and my quest 2 crashed.  When it can back on there was a square with an arrow in the center and a green progress bar.  I assumed this meant it was downloading an update.  But when that finished all a go0t was the Oculus logo on the screen fading in and out.  I tried rebooting several times, powering off several times, and a factory reset... nothing has fixed it.  Anyone else has this issue (and a fix).  The youtube video link below shows exactly what I am experiencing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuHsHsDr-nA
11 REPLIES 11

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hello @TheExceprion If you haven't already, please create a support ticket with us here. Thanks! - Clint
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

TheExceprion
Protege
Hi @@OculusSupport...I created the support ticket.  Any additional troubleshooting steps in the meantime?

Fredmann666
Honored Guest
Has the same problem since Satureday .. nothing helps. Support already contacted but no response yet.

TheExceprion
Protege
@Fredmann666, did you have supernatural installed by chance?

Fredmann666
Honored Guest
@TheExceprion ... not really ... are there any solutions to my problem available? As seen in misc communication plattforms i am still not alone with this problem. 

TheExceprion
Protege
Well, my research has indicated that Oculus will likely issue an RMA.  Working with support now... but it is a slow process.  What is interesting is it appears v25 was released the same day I had the issue.. so now I am wondering if this is a failed update issue and if a whole lot more people will experience the same issue.

TheExceprion
Protege
This appears to be becoming quite common if the v25 update is installing during a critically low battery.  Still nothing back from oculus support yet... they have asked me to wait an additional 3-5 business days.

Anyone else found a fix that does not involve sending the unit back for a replacement?

TheExceprion
Protege
Well... looks like the only fix they have is to send it back.  they made the decision pretty quickly, so I suspect there is a known issue with first-gen headsets that requires a hardware fix (I got mine the first week it was released).

Same problem popped up today for me. Forcing boot gets the memory symbol and progress bar and then goes to pulsating logo guess I'll have to wait for them to get back to me and send it back again!