cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly i cannot purchase games VIA the Quest, Anyone else ?

synchromesh62
Level 9

Suddenly i cannot purchase games VIA the Quest, Anyone else ?

I can still buy them but it tells me to check my Email and complete the purchase that way which it never used to do so is this a new thing ? 

2 REPLIES 2

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey synchromesh62! We see that the steps you take to purchase games through your headset have changed. Have you tried purchasing in the Oculus app from another device such as your phone?

You can also reboot your headset to correct this issue. If you continue to experience issues once you have tried these steps, please send us a PM and I'll Oculus Support Team will be happy to help you. To send us a PM, please click here https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

synchromesh62
Level 9

Im sure most of these oculus responses are just canned. Surely Oculus staff can read.

There is nothing wrong with the headset but when i used to order it let me enter my pin there and then purchase .. Now it officially tells me for extra security to check my email to continue the purchase and indeed it is an email there from Oculus ..... Complete your Purchase which then takes me to the store and i enter my pin to complete it. All i wanted to know really is why its changed and is it the same for everyone else ? 

Perhaps my Bank has added the security measure.