cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suface Book 2&Oculus Quest,BUT...????!!!!

KingWilly79
Honored Guest
I own a Microsoft Surface Book 2 15 Inch,1060 Nvidia bla bla ..,and i got myself a brandnew Oculus Quest.
I find out that Oculus just release a Beta for Oculus Link and so I went to the Local electronic markt and got myself all the USB 3.0 cable and also download every update on every device  But i am still not able to run Rift Games on my Quest(and yes i have all the Rift Software and Treibers and everything but still no conection to my Surface book 2...Somebody please help!!
16 REPLIES 16

kojack
MVP
MVP
The Surface Book 2 is using the mobile 1060 GPU. According to the Quest Link compatibility page, that GPU isn't supported. They are planning on supporting more by the end of the beta, but they haven't said which ones.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

teaston
Protege
Do you get the green ticks saying Quest is connected and active?

dingofoxvrfox
Protege
On the surface you have to have a powered usb hub

KingWilly79
Honored Guest

teaston said:

Of Course Not...otherwise I would not have a Problem.I hope Microsoft is going to release an update .

teaston
Protege

teaston said:

Of Course Not...otherwise I would not have a Problem.I hope Microsoft is going to release an update .

That’s not true actually, I had the green ticks but could not connect to Rift home!!

asthmaticatom
Honored Guest

teaston said:

ya i get the green tick that says it's connected but I'm not able to connect to rift home either. 😞

Leonardohamlett
Explorer
thanks for sharing

jimmy_ruptash
Honored Guest
I just updated mine as well to v12, both are updated, the green light is on but I am unable to connect. Tried USB-C to A, USB c to c. I had a WMR headset before and it was working fine. My surface is a i7 8th gen with the 1060 GTX.

plasm0
Honored Guest
I have the same problems trying to run Link using my Surface Book 2. 
I just hope Oculus gets the 1060 compatible in future updates.  Until then, my usb-C cable will be waiting...