cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinner face pad/cover

Fantasmister
Level 2
If I really push the quest 2 onto my face, I get a much sharper image, and increased FOV. Of course this is too uncomfortable, so I wondered if anyone had a solution for a thinner face pad (not sure what its actually called!). If I search for "thin face cover" the results are usually those silicone covers that go over the existing foam. I want a replacement that clicks in to the Quest 2.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

PITTCANNA
Level 12
Just get the fit kit.https://www.oculus.com/accessories/quest-2-fit-pack/

View solution in original post

WarpedTrekker
Level 4
Yeah the fit pack helped me. Using the "wide" insert from the fit pack placed my eyes a little closer and into the sweet spot. Plus it fits better on my big head and cheeks. The default "medium" cushion that comes with the Quest2 now seems to narrow and tight to me.

6 REPLIES 6

aguy10
Level 7
What do you have against silicon?.

PITTCANNA
Level 12
Just get the fit kit.https://www.oculus.com/accessories/quest-2-fit-pack/

WarpedTrekker
Level 4
Yeah the fit pack helped me. Using the "wide" insert from the fit pack placed my eyes a little closer and into the sweet spot. Plus it fits better on my big head and cheeks. The default "medium" cushion that comes with the Quest2 now seems to narrow and tight to me.

Fantasmister
Level 2

aguy10 said:

What do you have against silicon?.

Nothing at all - it's just that those products were usually just covers to go over the existing foam. Putting my face further from the lensesWhich is the opposite of what I need! 

Fantasmister
Level 2

PITTCANNA said:

Just get the fit 

Thanks! Seems very pricey though for something that should come packaged with the headset... Do you know of any cheaper alternatives? 

Fantasmister
Level 2

Just what I need - it's a high price to pay though. I feel Oculus should have included this, like the extra buds that come with with earbuds.

I'm sure their reasoning is "Yes, but money." - fair enough.