cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This headset has made me very disappointed.

voicelessfigure
Honored Guest
So I got the oculus quest 2 about 3 days ago. I think this might be one of the worst experiences I've ever had with something this expensive. My main concern right now is the fact that I went to download the app on my pc and i had to try at least 4-5 different times until it actually worked. Now I bought beat saber and some songs on the app. However when I go into the vr itself it says I don't own the game or songs. I also tried to request a refund but it told me I had the game for too long even though I only have like 30 minutes on it and that time just went to try to set it up. 
7 REPLIES 7

enigma01
Trustee
So you purchased and downloaded the Rift version of the game as well as the extra games and I therefore assume you are trying to launch the game using Oculus Link from your PC?  

voicelessfigure
Honored Guest
Well I can play the game with the link. But it seemed like when I bought it you should be able to put that purchased game into your library and play off of the headset without the link 

enigma01
Trustee

Well I can play the game with the link. But it seemed like when I bought it you should be able to put that purchased game into your library and play off of the headset without the link 

Nope... Beat Saber is not cross-buy, so that's why you can't play when using Quest standalone. You should be able to use this URL to see cross-buy games: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/section/2335732183153590/?locale=en_GB#/?_k=6ipuhr.

Or looks out for games that say both 'Supported by Rift and Quest' etc like below (alouth this doesn't always show for all cross-buy games)

llg1apc5me85.jpg

voicelessfigure
Honored Guest
Okay thank you. Do you know anything about why I can't get a refund though? I have less than the 2 hours on the game but it won't let me refund. 

enigma01
Trustee

Okay thank you. Do you know anything about why I can't get a refund though? I have less than the 2 hours on the game but it won't let me refund. 

Well if you've definitely only played the game for less than 2 hours you should be able to request a refund. I don't think you can request refunds for in game purchases though. I used the request refund feature for a Quest game yesterday and the request was accepted. I would say contact support, but for some reason Oculus support ticket page seems to be down, but should be able to access it from here https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

MarkT25810
Expert Protege

on the pc app you can get a refund yes

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
The only people who could tell you that are support - so I'd suggest you send them a ticket

Click on "Submit a support ticket"

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2