cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Issues / Stuttering

CraveNinja
Explorer
Hi few days ago i purchased and Brand New Oculus Quest 2 and after playing with it for around 30 minutes i noticed that if i sidestep or just move around occasionally my quest 2 would stutter. First i though it was just because i was using Virtual Desktop but later on i tried the same thing on the Oculus Dashboard/Menu and the same thing was present but it was still playable even on virtual desktop i could at least play Beat Saber. After few more days i decided to try a different Quest 2 since i though it could be a hardware issue since in October i had the Quest 2 and i haven't noticed these issues. Surpassingly the issue was still present in this new Quest 2. Worst of all is the recently as of yesterday missed frames, stuttering, tracking issue whatever it is. its getting much worse. For example now its impossible to play Beat Saber without any stuttering. And moving just a bit makes the issue appear. Another thing is that i though it was something to do with maybe the fact that my walls are all white and maybe its because im casting a shadow in my room but that's not the case from what i'm able to gather since i went to try this headset in my living room where there's loads of paintings and stuff and practically no shadows and the issue still persisted. If you know what this is please let me know.
Thanks for reading 

10 REPLIES 10

Chappie8824
Protege
Are you on a Link cable and are you using Build 25 of the Oculus app?

CraveNinja
Explorer
how do i check the build number?

Chappie8824
Protege
Oculus App...Settings...General Tab...then look at the bottom

CraveNinja
Explorer
build 25
but i did notice something which didn't happen before so this update could have made it worse because now every time i reset my position using the oculus button on the right controller for the first few seconds the stuttering/ frame skips/ tracking issues whatever it is its there and its really bad it looks very choppy. and i dont use a link cable. i have one that i can plug into my pc but if im playing on pc i use VD if thats what you mean

Trapsis
Explorer
I am having a similar problems.  However, the jitter seems to be a bigger problem when looking at the universal menu. 

This is how I see it: Turn around so you are not facing the menu.  Hold a controller up to your face.  Rotate slowly.  The virtual image of the controller looks fine and is not stuttering.  As you continue to rotate and pass in front of the menu, the controller and menu behind it starts to jitter.  As soon as the controller passes the menu it looks fine again.

I just got update 25 two days ago.  BTW, I've tried this in different rooms in the house and have also tried rebooting the headset.  Anyone else seeing this???

Trapsis

CraveNinja
Explorer
yeah i kind of thing that its something to do with the software since few months ago i had a quest 2 and i didnt experience any problems even though i was playing in the same room.

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
Too bad Oculus doesn't demand the same quality control out of themselves as they do the developers. 

CraveNinja
Explorer
i also just noticed on the passthrough cameras while setting up the guardian that everything looks fine but when i look at my hands and arms and i move them its super choppy its like 2fps its really bad. Is this normal?

CraveNinja
Explorer
trapsis i think im having the same thing or at least very similar since in game for example beat saber even though i still have the issue its not as bad as in the oculus menu. Thats really weird