cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Issues with Quest 2 since v23

dandjo
Protege
Hi folks,

having annoying tracking issues mostly with my right controller and mostly when playing Beat Saber. The controller gets somehow lost, when moving it near my hips back to the front like shown in this YouTube video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BYHXRxe1FQ

I think this happens since the latest v23 update that also updated the controllers. Does anyone else have the problem here? Some are reporting on Reddit and YouTube.

Regards,
dandjo

79 REPLIES 79

Flynntergalacti
Honored Guest
I've had the same problem on the Quest 2 but managed to fix it, for now...I think!

Step 1:
Boot up the Oculus Quest 2 into the service screen. To do this hold down the volume down button and the power button at the same time. (tip: release the power button before the volume button otherwise you might accidentally boot up to the normal home screen).

Step 2:
With the service screen now in view use the volume button and move to Sideload Boot.  Press the power button to select.

Step 3:
The LED on the side of the quest will flash blue.  Put the headset down and wait until you hear the homescreen jingle.  (this can take 10 mins possibly more just leave it alone until it boots up properly)

Step 4:
Turn the headset off and on again!
So after step 3 I went to see if it worked but I still had the same problem.  Annoyed I just switched the headset off.  The next day when I turned the Oculus back on again to see if there was anything else I could do the headset appear to be working normally!
Been 3 days now with no issues.

I can't guarantee this will wotk for you but if it does then happy days:)

dandjo
Protege
This makes no sense, since you just rebooted your Quest 2 several times. Could it be you received a silent update?

ASchneiderBR
Protege

I've had the same problem on the Quest 2 but managed to fix it, for now...I think!

Step 1:
Boot up the Oculus Quest 2 into the service screen. To do this hold down the volume down button and the power button at the same time. (tip: release the power button before the volume button otherwise you might accidentally boot up to the normal home screen).

Step 2:
With the service screen now in view use the volume button and move to Sideload Boot.  Press the power button to select.

Step 3:
The LED on the side of the quest will flash blue.  Put the headset down and wait until you hear the homescreen jingle.  (this can take 10 mins possibly more just leave it alone until it boots up properly)

Step 4:
Turn the headset off and on again!
So after step 3 I went to see if it worked but I still had the same problem.  Annoyed I just switched the headset off.  The next day when I turned the Oculus back on again to see if there was anything else I could do the headset appear to be working normally!
Been 3 days now with no issues.

I can't guarantee this will wotk for you but if it does then happy days:)

Hello! Thanks for the tip. Does this procedure erases everything (factory reset) on your headset?

Flynntergalacti
Honored Guest
Hi, ASchneiderBR, This procedure didn't erase anything providing you select Sideload Boot.  All my games and saves were intact. 

dandjo
Protege
It's just a reboot with a sidestep in the boot menu. Makes no sense imo, and does not do more than a simple reboot.

Manydoors
Explorer

Neeedles said:

Controlers definetly dont track right sometimes, either that or its a beat saber problem. I tried it on easy tracks and sometimes the tracking makes me miss the cube even tho i clearly should be hitting it. I play expert/+ normally

I am thinking it's a beat saber problem and not a quest 2 tracking problem.  All games track fine for me apart from Beat saber.  Usually the right controller doesn't register hits but it can happen on the left as well.
Beat saber had the same problem on my quest 1 and my rift s so it does seem to be the game and not the hardware.

ersmiller
Explorer

Manydoors said:

Neeedles said:

Controlers definetly dont track right sometimes, either that or its a beat saber problem. I tried it on easy tracks and sometimes the tracking makes me miss the cube even tho i clearly should be hitting it. I play expert/+ normally

I am thinking it's a beat saber problem and not a quest 2 tracking problem.  All games track fine for me apart from Beat saber.  Usually the right controller doesn't register hits but it can happen on the left as well.
Beat saber had the same problem on my quest 1 and my rift s so it does seem to be the game and not the hardware.

I'm also having this issue (started after Thanksgiving) and I've never downloaded or played Beat Saber so it's not that.

Coffee_God
Explorer
Having issues with screen wobbling, losing tracking, and also nausea...ever since the v23 update.

ersmiller
Explorer
  I have mine working correctly again.  I tried redrawing the guardian over and over again without luck, but it wasn't until I completely reset the guardian INCLUDING FLOOR HEIGHT that it just worked like it always had before.

ASchneiderBR
Protege

ersmiller said:

I have mine working correctly again.  I tried redrawing the guardian over and over again without luck, but it wasn't until I completely reset the guardian INCLUDING FLOOR HEIGHT that it just worked like it always had before.

Thanks! I've done that many many times with no luck. Yesterday my Q2 worked like a charm, no tracking issues whatsoever. It seems like a random thing since a lot of people says that a reset to factory solves the problem but it comes back sooner or later. Let's hope for a version 24 fix ASAP.