cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Issues with Quest 2 since v23

dandjo
Protege
Hi folks,

having annoying tracking issues mostly with my right controller and mostly when playing Beat Saber. The controller gets somehow lost, when moving it near my hips back to the front like shown in this YouTube video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BYHXRxe1FQ

I think this happens since the latest v23 update that also updated the controllers. Does anyone else have the problem here? Some are reporting on Reddit and YouTube.

Regards,
dandjo

79 REPLIES 79

Coffee_God
Explorer
ASchneiderBR and ersmiller - can you let us know what v23 version you are on? I 'm curious to see if they have pushed any additional updates. I think I have v23.86 and still have issues.

ersmiller
Explorer

System Version   12018400097600000
Version                23.0.0.86.517.259862823
Runtime Version  23.0.0.86.517.259862851

dandjo
Protege
I'm on 23.0.0.87 and still have issues.

Coffee_God
Explorer
I also am on 23.0.0.87 and still have issues...I have been in touch with support and they asked for all of the information for my device such as serial number and sent that to them. They said they'd be in touch in the next couple of days.

Kivren360
Honored Guest
Just updated from 23.0.0.86 to 23.0.0.87 still problems. Same "Tracking Lost" on start up, then whatever happens next is a matter of luck including full guardian redraw needed in the middle of a game....really disappointing. I have a couple of weeks before my return/refund period expires so hopefully a fix is released before that.

Edit:a few resets and it seems to be sorting itself out...not perfect in app but workable. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

ersmiller
Explorer
  Are you also erasing and resetting the floor height?  The first few times I redid my guardian I just did the walls and it didn't help.  I also had those red/blue alert lines (indicating Quest 2 thought there were things in the way) in random places over my carpet.  My carpet is one of those where if you scuff it one way it's lighter in color than if you scuff it the other way so it's not a uniform color.
  As soon as I completely wiped the floor from the guardian it was like I never had an issue.  Maybe Q2 thought all the patterns in the carpet were objects, or maybe it just randomly unglitched itself on that redraw.

As for the "Tracking Lost" issue.  I still get that at times when I first put the headset on, but it only lasts a second or two as if the cameras just need a moment to get a lock.

Vysantha
Honored Guest
My husband and I both bought Quest 2s recently. I got mine a couple weeks before he got his from somewhere completely different than i did. Mine worked fine for 3 weeks then unplayable due to proximity sensor constantly tripping and going black screen. I run the adb command through sidequest to be able to play at all but its really annoying. I've had tracking issues with the controllers almost the whole time I've had the system.

Now hubbys is, per his opinion, not tracking properly and hes getting really frustrated (i mean we just dropped $600 plus money for games and accessories and both units are having issues.

Really hoping its update BS and they can eventually get a patch out but from seeing the utter lack of response from Oculus support and directly contacting them all they tell you to do is to format and start over .... Im wondering if it was even worth buying these.

Thanks to the wonderful community with all your experiences and info. And to developers and those who provide workaround commands and instructions like the adb prox sensor shutoff.

TLDR: Love the VR. Hate the customer service. Please Oculus fix these bugs!!! We WANT to love you but you're making it really difficult....

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
These problems are on the Quest 1 to as far as I heard yesterday from a friend ...
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is definitely an issue with this update! 

I had my Quest 2 since October 13th and everything was totally fine up until a few days after the v23 update done on my headset.

Problems I experienced: 
- Stuttering menus when scrolling
- Stuttering gameplay when recording video
- Stuttering passthrough when turning around
- Increased sensitivity to lighting conditions
- Frequent "lost tracking" message - especially when first booting up.
- Worse controller tracking: holding them out in front, the controllers would wobble slightly
- Looking up close to menus in Oculus Quest 2 home, the menus would move around slightly
- The ground would constantly be moving slightly 
- Worse game performance

All problems RESOLVED after a factory reset (at least for now).

ASchneiderBR
Protege

whoa182 said:

There is definitely an issue with this update! 

I had my Quest 2 since October 13th and everything was totally fine up until a few days after the v23 update done on my headset.

Problems I experienced: 
- Stuttering menus when scrolling
- Stuttering gameplay when recording video
- Stuttering passthrough when turning around
- Increased sensitivity to lighting conditions
- Frequent "lost tracking" message - especially when first booting up.
- Worse controller tracking: holding them out in front, the controllers would wobble slightly
- Looking up close to menus in Oculus Quest 2 home, the menus would move around slightly
- The ground would constantly be moving slightly 
- Worse game performance

All problems RESOLVED after a factory reset (at least for now).

Hello!

Please, take a look:

- The ground would constantly be moving slightly - https://streamable.com/jhvagy

My Q2 was on a chair, completely still.

This is terrible, I hope they fix ASAP.

Thanks!