cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Issues with Quest 2 since v23

dandjo
Protege
Hi folks,

having annoying tracking issues mostly with my right controller and mostly when playing Beat Saber. The controller gets somehow lost, when moving it near my hips back to the front like shown in this YouTube video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BYHXRxe1FQ

I think this happens since the latest v23 update that also updated the controllers. Does anyone else have the problem here? Some are reporting on Reddit and YouTube.

Regards,
dandjo

79 REPLIES 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

Please, take a look:

- The ground would constantly be moving slightly - https://streamable.com/jhvagy

My Q2 was on a chair, completely still.

This is terrible, I hope they fix ASAP.

Thanks!

Yes, that's exactly what was happening. I noticed again today, after recording gameplay videos, the world started moving just like in that video. A reboot fixed the problem this time. But previously, as I said, I had to do a factory reset.

I've spoken with quite a lot of people with this issue and other tracking problems... So I hope Oculus is aware and working on a fix. 

They've always been good in the past, so I'm hopeful. 🙂

mdibarbo
Honored Guest
I've experienced since today massive tracking issues. Starting up the Quest 2 always displayed a tracking error message for about 25 seconds. Then the tracking started to function but very bad.
I didn't find any ways to solve this as reseting it to factory defaults loosing all my game states. Now its seems to work correctly again with instant tracking available after start up. I hope this doesn't come back again and will be solved soon with a software update.

Last thing I was doing yesterday was playing around with Oculus Link and my PC. Could that cause some issues? For me it looks like the tracking system had performance issues.

Piedro60
Honored Guest
Same problems over here... Seems to be a firmware issue but it strangely is not affecting most headsets?
Otherwise Youtube would have been flooded with vids by now I guess...

Everything works fine though after disabling guardian in developer mode, and I am mostly using VR seated so....Waiting for a firmware update?

For those that need to do a factory reset: You can make a backup with SideQuest if you don't want to loose gamestats etc...

dandjo
Protege
German/Austria/Switzerland Facebook groups are full of these kind of problems. So I would not say that this does not affect a broad set of users. I think that a lot users are not aware of whether this could be a software or an user probelm.

Piedro60
Honored Guest
Then Oculus is already trying to fix the issue I guess....It would be nice then to have an announcement from them over here?

dandjo
Protege
I opened a ticket about 2 weeks ago. This is the answer from Oculus:

I have gone ahead and let our investigation team know.
We are currently waiting for a follow up from them on this issue, once I know more I will follow up.
Best regards

mdibarbo
Honored Guest
I have made a factory reset and the trackings issues at start up were gone. But only for few days and then it came back. I hope this will be fixed soon then it doesn't make fun to use the Quest 2 like that.

dandjo
Protege
Yes, factory resetting does not solve the problems in a long term.

ivapemandalay
Explorer
No , factory reset don't fix the tracking issue for me  . My quest2 was sitting in the dark since then . 

x-Belial-x
Honored Guest

Dont know if it will sort your issue. Though mine was Oculus when booted it just flashed tacking lost - create guardian over and over. I ended up browsing to C:\UsersUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Oculus and deleted all the "Guardian.txt" files.

You will need to shutdown the Oculus services in Task Manager.
Then reboot your Oculus and create a new guardian.