cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger needs calibration?

YellowGote
Honored Guest

I've had a Quest 2 and the right trigger always felt off, and I finally was able to confirm that the trigger doesn't fully register a 100% press when pressed fully, despite physically pressing down just fine.

So far I've unpaired and paired it again, inserted a new battery, made sure the trigger is clean and unobstructed, the controller is completely undamaged, factory restore, etc etc. Everything support said to do in emails, but they stopped responding.
So far, nothing has worked.

With literally any other controller, I could just recalibrate it and it'll be fine, but so far, I haven't found a way to do that.

Here's a video of the raw input from the controller;

both left and right triggers are depressed the same amount, but the right one isn't registering as 100%

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey guys! Just wanting to drop in here. If your trigger's only being read at about 85% power, I'd recommend unpairing and repairing your controllers. 

If that doesn't help out, you might want to try and PM @MetaQuestSupport so they can check some other things out.

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

ShiZZ_DiGG
Protege

What program are you using for that. Having issues with mumybleft thumbstick. Is it steam?

It's called Oculus Monitor

https://github.com/rajetic/OculusMonitor

Run the program, then link your headset to your PC. Once it connects, it should display your inputs and movements.

Lochleg
Explorer

This probably won't help, but you can try holding it pressed all the way down for a few seconds and a few times in a row. You may have already tried that though. If you are able to launch SteamVR (by allowing unknown apps or whatever), they have a calibration UI where I saw a similar trigger problem clear up after playing around and pressing it like I described.

d10kn
Honored Guest

Did you manage to fix this? How can I run OculusMonitor? 

cercata
Expert Protege

In appdata/local/TouchCalibration there are 2 files, .rtouch and .ltouch you can edit to calibrate. Still don't know well what the values mean, I'll se with your app.

vadym.skl
Honored Guest

The same issue, is there any news about it? 

Hello there! We understand you have some issues calibrating your controllers. Your time is very important to us and we'll be happy to guide you today!

You can increase the dead zones of the controller by following these steps:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Go to Controller Settings
  3. Under Joystick Deadzone and Range, select the joystick which is having issue
  4. Follow on-screen instructions to re-calibrate the joysticks deadzones

When powering on your controllers, ensure that the Analog sticks aren't being held in any direction and are at rest in the neutral position.

Please let us know if this helps.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello vaym.skl! 

We hope you're having a good Saturday. We wanted to check in with you! 

Are you still having issues with your trigger button on your controller? Did  the tips we provided help you out? 

If you're having issues still we're here to help, don't hesitate! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

vadym.skl
Honored Guest

Hello,

Thank you for responding.

Analog sticks work just fine (Topicstarter mentioned it too). The problem is that the trigger doesn't fully register a 100% press when pressed fully, despite physically pressing down just fine. And there is no way to calibrate it.