cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE 4.27 taking off the Quest from the head disconnecting players.

staniekmarcin
Protege

Hi, I have a problem in my multiplayer game that when one of the players takes off the headset then automatically players are disconnected from each other. 
For example:

when the host takes off the headset the client gets disconnected 
when the client takes off the headset both get disconnected

Any idea how to maintain the connection between players even with headset off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey hey, @staniekmarcin! We understand you're wondering why your headset keeps disconnecting you when you take your headset off. The reason why it does that is because when you're taking your headset off the sensor in-between is no longer tracking that you're in the headset and is basically just being told you're done playing.

We hope this gives you a better understanding of why this is happening. If you need anything else from us, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're always happy to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey hey, @staniekmarcin! We understand you're wondering why your headset keeps disconnecting you when you take your headset off. The reason why it does that is because when you're taking your headset off the sensor in-between is no longer tracking that you're in the headset and is basically just being told you're done playing.

We hope this gives you a better understanding of why this is happening. If you need anything else from us, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're always happy to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Ok, so if I understand correctly it's all ok to travel the player to the main menu if another player puts down the headset? Is it allowed during game submission?