cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK people do not order from Argos as they do not take returns of these

MarkT25810
Expert Protege
Thought id let people know Argos do not take returns of these if you find the IPD settings are rubbish for you more so the last one with the boxed in look.

I had a talk with 2 advisors on live chat, returns have to be not used at all so they can reseal them and sell them on
8 REPLIES 8

BatLB
Expert Protege
Which does make sense. If there is no technical defect and the product is working as advertised, no one has to take the product back. That's how laws work.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
If you purchased online then by-law they have to offer a full-refund regardless of whether it has been opened/used or not and within a 14-30 day period from purchase.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
^^See above for correct info, they cannot refuse a return under UK warranty statutory rights, and never deal with them on something like this over live chat, take it into the store and return it, because over live chat they will, a you see here, just spew nonsense just to get rid of you.....take to your local store with recipt and return it, and if you still get pushback then contact your local trading standards office, they don't mess about. 😉

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

ascovit
Honored Guest

If you purchased online then by-law they have to offer a full-refund regardless of whether it has been opened/used or not and within a 14-30 day period from purchase.

Not true. That only applies to faulty items.
Read more on gov.uk

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Well I'm afraid you are wrong, just taken mine to Argos, no quibble refund. Wasn't a step up from my Reverb so took it back opened. Refunded no problems.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

MarkT25810
Expert Protege

Techy111 said:

Well I'm afraid you are wrong, just taken mine to Argos, no quibble refund. Wasn't a step up from my Reverb so took it back opened. Refunded no problems.

Clearly their online team do not know what they are talking about then as 2 advisors told me the same thing

I took a beard trimmer back to Argos because it had not only been opened already but had been used.
Full of beard trimmings, luckily a very different colour and shape to mine so I had no arguments (I hope it was beard trimmings).

Some Argos's are not only relaxed about returns, they're a bit too relaxed about reselling the returns.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

ascovit said:

Not true. That only applies to faulty items.
Read more on gov.uk

Is true. Item doesn't have to be faulty at all. This has been the law for quite some time now.  People have even abused it, for example, buying a dress, wearing it for a night out, then returning it for a full refund the next day. Stores can blacklist people who do this though especially if the item shows visible usage beyond merely trying it on to see if it  fits.

Thanks to the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, in most cases you have the right to cancel your order and get a refund – even if you've just changed your mind. Usually within 14 days of receipt. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.