cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 3.0 cable extension and Kiwi Design Pro setup help

GabrielSM
Level 4
I have a Quest 2 posting soon and I would like to use a USB 3.0 cable for link but the cable will be hung from the ceiling with something like the "Kiwi Design Pro" (see link below) so the USB cable has to be quite long for use with the ceiling hung rig, since USB 3.0 has a max cable length of 5 meters/16.4 feet and if I use a 5 meter USB extender I should get 10 meters which might be all I need but can a 5 meter + 5 meter extender cable be used together or does it have to be a 3 meter + 5 meter extender? 

If 10 meters is not long enough can I daisy chain two extenders together, the extenders are USB powered i.e. no external power so would the extenders drain too much power from USB 3.0 and cause damage to the Quest 2?

My room scale is 5 meters x 4.5 meters, I guess the Kiwi Pro will be in the centre of the rooms ceiling and the PC will be on one side I'm hoping people here have used these wire saving devices and can give me some instillation tips. I have a Quest 1 using a USB 2 cable for link and so far it is great with Rift games is there any reason to use USB 3.0 over USB 2 or will games have better graphics using USB 3.0 with a Quest 2?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pro-Version-VR-Cable-Management-6-Packs-Retractable-Ceiling/293646259810...
0 REPLIES 0