cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Cable not Recognized By Oculus Link?

4_the_lulz
Explorer

Having problems with USB Link on your Quest 2? So was I and Oculus support was useless. 

As always, Reddit found the solution. Make sure Air Link is disabled in both your headset and PC Oculus app and then try it. If everything else is configured OK, Link should recognize and initialize right away with any USB C cable. (Obviously, you want USB 3 for maximum performance, but that won't stop it from recognizing the cable.)

Good luck to all and hope this helps!

5 REPLIES 5

QPilot
Explorer

I have a very annoying problems.  I was able to connect the cable from my quest 2 to the pc and I would hear the connection sound from my pc as well. That I know it is connected.  In the vr, the messages, "allow to access to data" and I click deny as directed from oculus in order to use the app in the pc. So when I did it, the vr would go black for about a sec and send me back to the home screen and a disconnect and reconnect sound play from my pc play. And then the vr give me a notification saying, "Link app has stop working". I have even go out and buy 2 more quest to see if this was a defective or not. I even spend the whole day with the oculus chat support trying ALL the possible troubleshooting solutions and sending my PC log. And guess what? They don't know why this happen. I can not believe how much I spend for something small like this can be fix. So many other people having the same problem. I know it isn't my computer because it is pretty good for vr and gaming. 

My pc spec;

Cyberpowerpc Gamer Supreme

- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

- 64GB of RAM Memory

- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

- 7TB SSD

4× USB port

1× 3.0 USB port

1× 3.2 USB-C port

------------------------------------------------

I am very annoy as I do not want to return it because I already bought a few game from them. But when people ask me if I would recommend this to them. I will just tell them my problem I had with it and won't be happy to recommend it to anyone. 

Please note:

-All software on the pc and Quest 2 are up to date. 

-What I test the cable, it can't even start the test but able to detect the connection. 

-The air link option was off. 

-I am using a AMD Radeon gaming software(I haven't look much in this yet, not good enough to do it by myself)

-Done all the factory reset on the Quest.

-Disable the auto pc put USB to sleep in device manager. 

Any tip or advice is appreciated. 

Q.D

Oculus support proves once again how unknowledgeable they are about their own product. You have to allow data access, even though ALL support literature says to deny it. Didn't work for me when I deny, works every time when I allow. Please let me know if this fixes it and pass it on as well.

Hello,  I appreciate the comment but even when I click allow.  It still do the same and the link will just connect and disconnected until it crash... but thank you tho.

Q.D

AloeV
Honored Guest

You just saved my life, tysm!

billiebabyx
Honored Guest

Thank you I was going insane, literally bought usb a 3.0 to usb c 3.1 adaptor thinking my usb c 3 port on motherboard was broken and finally got it to work