cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add my Quest 2 headset to my Oculus app on PC

yodli
Level 2
Hello,

I have a Lenovo X1 laptop with Windows 10. I know its not a gaming PC but I want to connect my Quest 2 for non gaming activities like Bigscreen etc. I'm using a Anker Quest Link cable. FYI, I have been successful with installing sidequest. So data transfer works.

Now, I try to add my headset from the Oculus app but its stuck at the connecting step. Refer screenshot below.
7k5rpae03hdi.jpg
4 REPLIES 4

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Link compatibility is not just about game performance. If your GPU is not on the compatibility list, it probably doesn’t support the encoding feature that Link depends on.

skeeters57
Level 3
so if my GTX950 is not good enough does this mean that I will not be able to use anything from the sidequest site?

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
SideQuest is not the same thing as Link. It just allows you to load native Quest apps that don’t come from the Oculus store, and doesn’t require anything of your PC’s GPU. You should be able to install SideQuest content from any PC, or even a Mac.

Go through the step-by-step instructions on the SideQuest website to get up and running.

PITTCANNA
Level 10

yodli said:

Hello,

I have a Lenovo X1 laptop with Windows 10. I know its not a gaming PC but I want to connect my Quest 2 for non gaming activities like Bigscreen etc. I'm using a Anker Quest Link cable. FYI, I have been successful with installing sidequest. So data transfer works.

Now, I try to add my headset from the Oculus app but its stuck at the connecting step. Refer screenshot below.
7k5rpae03hdi.jpg

Your laptop simply can't handle link.  Thus you can not use any of the pc oculus based software.