cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add payment methods

bat.cheeks
Explorer

Don't know what to do. I've tried multiple cards and even tried to add my paypal, but nothing will stick. Every time, it gives me the same error saying it can't add my payment method. Getting annoyed and really would like a solution or to receive a message from oculous themselves.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bat.cheeks
Explorer

My solution was to set a call back time on their support page. They called and I told them the issue. They got it fixed the next day. Pretty quick fix that way, but a truly unnecessary problem 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Dervl87
Honored Guest

I am having the same issue. Went to update my card information and it won't accept the information.

OK.Man758013
Honored Guest

Just set up his Oculus 2 and went to purchase games. But all 3 credit cards and PayPal declined “ Unable to add payment method” super annoyed! 

Tonberry_Qing
Retired Support

Hey @bat.cheeks

I saw in another thread that this method worked for them. 

If you go into the headset and try to purchase a game, it'll ask you to enter a payment method.

You have to enter it in this format. (01/2025) You needed to include the entire year.  

Can you try that method and tell us if it works for you?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

bat.cheeks
Explorer

My solution was to set a call back time on their support page. They called and I told them the issue. They got it fixed the next day. Pretty quick fix that way, but a truly unnecessary problem 

Didn’t work

Hey there, @bat.cheeks!

We see you're having some issues when trying to add a payment method. We defintiely don't want this interfering with your VR time! Let's work together and get this taken care of! We have some troubleshooting steps for you to try. Oh and please note:

1. If you are attempting these on PC, please sign out and uninstall the app on the mobile device.
  2. If you are using your mobile device, please sign out and uninstall the app on the PC..

With that said, kindly attempt the following:

• Use any and all brands of browsers you have access to (I.E. Opera GX, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Explorer, Edge, Etc...). As well try this both in the normal browsing mode and incognito mode. Attempt this on both your mobile and PC device.
  • Attempt the above with approved cards (That being American Express, Mastercard or Visa).
  • As well, try the above browser method in attempts to using a PayPal and linking it to the account.

As well we've seen some members of our community resolve this predicament by, when the app asks for your cards expiration date, entering the full four digit year and two digit month along with the 2 digit day (Example: xx/xx/xxxx):

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey again, @bat.cheeks!

We wanted to follow up and see if you were able to resolve your payment issue or if you may need a helping hand in the matter.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?