cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use Quest 2 link after V23 update

VRSNB
Honored Guest
It was good until yesterday, but it's not recognized after v23 update. I don't think there's anything wrong with the usb connection.
44 REPLIES 44

sammy281
Explorer
hello if you updated to version 23 and the Oculus Link does not work for you. It is because as modified the OculusDebugTool tries to leave it as it came
distortion curvature default
encode resolution width 0
encode bitrate 280
youtube.com/watch?v=ipVVzWkDCNY

sammy281
Explorer
hello if you updated to version 23 and the Oculus Link does not work for you. It is because as modified the OculusDebugTool tries to leave it as it came
encode bitrate 280

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
That's just the normal thing we all need to do with any VR headsets = disable usb power savings.  What he does not mention is that you should also go into win10 device manager and do this with all your usb ports.  He is just doing it with win10 power plan settings.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

sammy281 said:

encode bitrate 280

That YT vid only mentions the fix that all us VR users should know.  That is, to disable all usb port power savings.  Not exactly earth shattering info imho.

As far as the other setting, I'm using OTT to set these values.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

AirAlvaro
Honored Guest

sammy281 said:

encode bitrate 280

Solved for me. Ty a lot

sammy281
Explorer
encode bitrate 280

sammy281
Explorer
encode bitrate 280

KomoKaru
Explorer

sammy281 said:

encode bitrate 280

Man, its works!!!! this is amazing!! The oculus support tried for a week and nothing, and you come and powww!!!!! I suck your dick!

I've merged a number of threads, all relating to Link problems incurred after the v23 update (I think there have been 6).

It's really useful to have a single thread on any given problem as commonalities are easier to identify as well as solutions offered (if there is one) without having to repeat it in multiple threads.

It also helps that other member's posts aren't too quickly relegated down the forum as they would more likely then be ignored. Previous threads on the same subject also get pushed down which makes it more likely that those would be ignored also, which just perpetuates the problem of duplicate topics.

With so many new users this is going to become an ever bigger problem, please before creating a thread, do a quick search to see if there is already a thread on the subject and add your comment to that.

Thanks.

WeritoM
Explorer

sammy281 said:

encode bitrate 280

It worked.
Thank you very much!