cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use Quest 2 link after V23 update

VRSNB
Honored Guest
It was good until yesterday, but it's not recognized after v23 update. I don't think there's anything wrong with the usb connection.
44 REPLIES 44

Frefa11
Explorer

sammy281 said:

hello if you updated to version 23 and the Oculus Link does not work for you. It is because as modified the OculusDebugTool tries to leave it as it came
distortion curvature default
encode resolution width 0
encode bitrate 280
youtube.com/watch?v=ipVVzWkDCNY

Yeah that still did nothing.
I can't for the life of me think of whats wrong, nothing else on my computer had this issue. Hell, it was working fine about a 2 weeks ago

SpitFirePT
Explorer
See bellow

SpitFirePT
Explorer
In my case with Nvidia drivers I was able to get it working after using DDU to completly remove all the graphics drivers and reinstalling the latest version of the drivers.
But if you want to be carefull and perform the same steps I did then:
(All I'm doing is COMPLETLY removing the Oculus App, the GPU drivers and Quest drivers. To avoid people getting upset because they deleted something that they shouldn't, PERFORM THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK and if you know what you are doing)
  1. With the Quest connected to the PC go to device manager and remove all the drivers that say Oculus (Audio, Oculus Device and in my case I also had in USB: Composite ADB interface and Composite XRSP Interface without the Oculus name (probably an issue with the drivers)).
  2. Uninstall Oculus (the App has a bunch of subfolders that I deleted to be sure)
  3. Restart computer
  4. Go to %ProgramFiles% and make sure that there isnt a folder there for Oculus
  5. Go to %LocalAppData% and delete everything from Oculus
  6. Go to %AppData% and delete everything from Oculus
  7. Go to %ProgramData% and delete everything from Oculus (you can only remove this one if you did a restart after uninstalling the Oculus App)
  8. Download the latest version of your GPU driver. DON'T INSTALL IT YET.
  9. Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). It should restart your PC.
  10.  Install the latest driver for the GPU.
  11. Restart your PC
  12. Install the Oculus App (It should now work, but to be safe dont connect the Quest yet).
  13. Without connecting your Quest, restart the PC.
After this I was able to connect my Quest correctly and use Link with everything on, including Geforce Experience and Shadow Play.

Flimbamafoo
Explorer

Frefa11 said:

sammy281 said:

hello if you updated to version 23 and the Oculus Link does not work for you. It is because as modified the OculusDebugTool tries to leave it as it came
encode bitrate 280

I can't for the life of me think of whats wrong, nothing else on my computer had this issue. Hell, it was working fine about a 2 weeks ago

It still won't work for me either...

hanksters
Honored Guest

sammy281 said:

encode bitrate 280

how exactly do I changed these settings, such as the curvature and such.

Buffalmacco
Explorer
Hi!
I've got some problems here too: the connection via USB is not stable at all, i really need to use oculus quest 2 with steam, but it disconnect every few minutes.

DirtyPixel
Honored Guest

Frefa11 said:

sammy281 said:

encode bitrate 280

No luck here either, is there a way we could rollback to the previous version?

vonBoetzelaer
Honored Guest

I got my oculus quest 2 recently, and one of the things I wanted to try was the oculus link features. I was able to play for quite a bit of time, and there were some bugs because of it being in beta. The bugs weren't bad at all and could be dealt with easily. Then next time I tried oculus link it just wouldn't start. My computer with a Ryzen 5 3600, and an RX 570 4GB recognized the headset, said it was in full working order, but when I click on oculus link on my headset the screen goes black then sends me straight back to the home menu. If I do this enough then it gives me an error that just says, "Oculus Link Keeps Stopping" and then gives me an app info option and a stop app option. The app info option does nothing and just stays at a black screen, and the stop app just brings you back to the menu. I have an Anker USB c cable that gives me up to 2.8gbs and is in good working condition. I have tried reinstalling the oculus pc app, trying the public test channel in the beta section, made sure my oculus is up to date, tried different graphics card profiles, restarting my oculus and my pc, updating drivers, and updating my bios. I haven't found anyone with this problem, and none of the videos or discussions I have read works. Please get back to me soon!

You found one with this problem! Exactly the same issue here! Nothing helped! Quest2 disconnects from link software for a very short moment when trying to activate link via headset, so that connection can´t be established. Before and after trying to activate link the usb 3.0 connection is marked as green. Controllers are not detected at all (only appear in the short moment when trying to activate link...right before headset-connection gets lost for a second and error message pops up).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same issue for me. Have tried all of the above with no luck. Unable to use Oculus link, it just crashes out very shortly after starting up.

WolfGamin-
Honored Guest
it wont work