cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable Wifi Symbol When Trying To View Synced Videos on the Oculus App

robstertherex
Level 2

whenever I want to view new synced videos from my oculus app, the screen is black and shows a wifi symbol with a (!), claiming that I don’t have enough wifi to do so. Please help me as I really want these videos 

5 REPLIES 5

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there. We are always happy to help our customers with their Wi-Fi issues. We know how that can feel. Let's see what we can do to help you. 

What device are you trying to view the synced videos? Are they paired to the headset? We would recommend to turn off the Wi-Fi connection and turn it back on. Are you having connection issues on any other devices?

We would be happy to assist you further once we have more information. We look forward to hearing from you.

It's not your wifi, it's the oculus connection.  Short videos don't have any issues, but if they are more than a few minutes it just won't work. 

I've chatted with support for awhile about this and ended up Factory resetting my oculus (and losing almost all of my game progress) and that still didn't work.  Then at the end they pretty much told me I was out of luck, no estimate on a bug fix or even acknowledgment that they would try to fix the issue.   

Not trying to give you bad news, just trying to save you a lot of hassle and HOURS of your time. 

Maybe it hasn't been fixed in months because they just don't want you to share content from their platform. I mean obviously if they wanted people to share the syncing would be functional.

I should be able to sync a 2.5 hour video and I can't, therefore syncing is broken.

My xbox can sync videos and it's from 2013, you guys are officially a decade off track