cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update V25 is more than a step back ? Connection Speed, Jittering, Tracking etc.

Kocinski73
Level 4
After the Update to V25 (unbelievable to release this broken version) I have tracking & stuttering problems with link!
There are so many with this problem with V25!
Is there a chance to rollback to V23? Is it not possible I will send it back & get my cash back because with V25 it is useless for me.

27 REPLIES 27

RuneSR2
Level 16
It's one way forward, you cannot go back. Just like Steam (or phone firmware) updates. 

Oculus will probably issue a fix soon. 
Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 961 Evo M.2 SSD 128GB (for OS) + Samsung EVO 860 4TB SSD (for games) + Toshiba P300 High-Performance HDD 3TB (for games); Win10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1, the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0.

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"

SlowStreaker
Level 3

After the Update to V25 (unbelievable to release this broken version) I have tracking & stuttering problems with link!
Is there a chance to rollback to V23? Is it not possible I will send it back & get my cash back because with V25 it is useless for me.

Welcomoe to the club, I am returning mine becaue they have not issued any communication about this at all so I guess they are happy with v25.

Kocinski73
Level 4

Welcomoe to the club, I am returning mine becaue they have not issued any communication about this at all so I guess they are happy with v25.

Yeah what a shame. With V25 Oculus I lost also 1Gbps connection speed (2,9Gbts to 1,9Gbps) tested via Oculus connection link test. I know 1,9Gbps its enough but hey what happend & why?
I will treturn mine also this week. 

henry_nguyen_58
Level 2
I have tracking and stuttering problems too since v25. I hope they send out an update soon.

dadd3
Level 2
Mine won't even start.. here's what I sent them (to no reply after days)

Hi, my Quest 2 will not turn on after v25 update. Nothing works and just shows a square with a down arrow then stays permanently on the flashing white O. I tried leaving it on this screen for many hours, then turned it off for hours, rebooted it, the same thing, left it on the flashing O overnight, nothing but the flashing O still, so have tried factory reset 3 times, but stays the same. Have tried holding down the power button for 30 seconds afterwards each time stated on your Q&A page. Same thing. Very disappointed, please help.

Kocinski73
Level 4
Yeah a small statement by the "Support Team"  about the situation and what in the pipeline (fix) is would be fair.

Nunyabinez
Level 8
It is human nature for people to assume that because they have a problem, that same problem must affect everyone else. And the confirmation bias kicks in when people are able to find a few other people that have the same problem.

Are some people having issues with v25? Yes. Is everyone? Not likely. If it was widespread they would stop the update roll out as soon as it was apparent and allow you to revert. They have done this in the past. Most of us are working just fine with v25.

There are always a few issues for some with a release that get resolved in a short time. If you can't wait for that, then of course you are free to return the headset.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

Kocinski73
Level 4

It is human nature for people to assume that because they have a problem, that same problem must affect everyone else. And the confirmation bias kicks in when people are able to find a few other people that have the same problem.

Are some people having issues with v25? Yes. Is everyone? Not likely. If it was widespread they would stop the update roll out as soon as it was apparent and allow you to revert. They have done this in the past. Most of us are working just fine with v25.

There are always a few issues for some with a release that get resolved in a short time. If you can't wait for that,
then of course you are free to return the headset.

I don´t care what do you do with your VR´s  may you watch only internet VR "movies" without any problems with V25. Congratulations on your happiness.
But I don´t care.... You don´t know about me & my knowledge & the level I (we) use the VR on the PC.
My1st Headset was 7 years ago the DK2... My 1st "PC" was the C64.
There are people they fell comfortable with 16fps & 233ms latency... they don´t  care about stuttering or lagging.
But
there are people (like me) who wants a 100% perfect running system with
steady fps & minimum latency with best graphic. These kind of
person fell sad/upset that an update slows down things or disturb the sensory impression.

Nunyabinez
Level 8

There are always a few issues for some with a release that get resolved in a short time. If you can't wait for that,
then of course you are free to return the headset.

I don´t care what do you do with your VR´s  may you watch only internet VR "movies" without any problems with V25. Congratulations on your happiness.
But I don´t care.... You don´t know about me & my knowledge & the level I (we) use the VR on the PC.
My1st Headset was 7 years ago the DK2... My 1st "PC" was the C64.
There are people they fell comfortable with 16fps & 233ms latency... they don´t  care about stuttering or lagging.
But
there are people (like me) who wants a 100% perfect running system with
steady fps & minimum latency with best graphic. These kind of
person fell sad/upset that an update slows down things or disturb the sensory impression.

You totally missed my point, which is that not everyone (or even the majority) is experiencing issues. It has nothing to do with how hard you use your hardware, people are complaining about menus in the Quest Home. I truly feel bad for the one's who are having trouble, I have been in that situation myself. 

But if you want 100% flawless VR then you are probably about 3 to 5 years too early. Don't get into bleeding edge technology and whine about how it doesn't meet your expectations of perfection. And if you've been around for 7 years, you should know about the current state of this hobby and how slow it is maturing.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2