cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update download fail + boot problem

mkiavli
Level 2
I have been trying to download the software update on my new Quest for several days, and so far have not been successful. I have downloaded the Oculus app, and get connected to wi-fi and the headset just fine.  Then the unit shows DOWNLOADING UPDATE and it gets to about 50% or 75% then just several hours it gets frozen and stops.  My Internet was working fine, and I had plenty of Internet bandwidth available.  I tried this using 2 different wi-fi networks and even let it run overnight when there was nothing else using the Internet at the time. No luck.   Then after multiple failed attempts, I then tried to do a factory reset and now the headset will not even boot up when I press the power, despite a green light showing full battery charge.  😕 

Any help or advice is appreciated.  Thanks.  
3 REPLIES 3

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Hey @mkiavli, I'm sorry to hear about your update issue with your Quest. Typically, a factory reset usual resolves update issues. If you haven't already, please contact support at https://support.oculus.com so we can help you out. Thanks! -Rick

mkiavli
Level 2
While I appreciate your concern, you have not done anything to help solve my problem. I did submit a ticket (#753917) and no one responded to it for almost one week.  I just submitted it again (#760379) so hopefully someone will pay more attention to it this time.   

phosphorgames
Level 2
Have the same issue, and reset just starts the process over again