cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR Cover Premium USB-C Link Cable For Quest 1/2

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

VR Cover has put out a new high quality optical 5m Link cable.  I just got one earlier today and I'm pretty impressed with it so far.  The cable has outer braiding so although it's a little heavier/thicker because of this, it's still very light and flexible.  Thanks to the outer braiding it should be a bit more durable but still not something you want to run your gaming chair over, lol!

I got 2.8Gbps on the Link usb test which is a little faster than with my official link cable (2.2-2.4Gbps).  There is no difference in performance that I can notice.  I tried a number of Oculus, Steam, and VivePort apps and these all worked well with my Q2 (v31 update on both Q2 and PC).  The specs on this cable is a little higher than the official link cable (usb3.1 gen2 10Gbps vs usb3.1 gen1 5Gbps) but this is probably not relevant given that the current Link software only supports 500mbps anyway.  The higher speed may be useful to use for other devices.

The main reason I bought this cable is because I've recently loaned out my Q1 and Link Cable to a flight sim buddy of mine.  He's really enjoying it so I doubt I'll ever see this again, lol!  While I mainly am using my Q2 wireless with Air Link and Virtual Desktop it's still nice to have Link as backup and it still performs a little better wired with flight/racing sims.

While this cable is more expensive than non-optical usb3 cables like Anker it is a bit cheaper than the official link cable.  With shipping to Australia from the US it cost me aud$20 less than the official cable from the Oculus store.  Anyway, I think it's worth considering if you are after a good quality Link cable.

Here's a YouTube blurb (with links to VR Cover) from Mr. MRTV.  He thinks it's pretty 'Amazing', lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35CZ8XX_3-Y

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers
0 REPLIES 0