cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing Facebook and Using the Oculus

DeCobra
Honored Guest

So while I do and have had a Facebook account for awhile now, I don't really care for it and don't really care to view it. My question is, while I won't deactivate or delete my account, wouldn't I be able to just delete the app off of my phone, and only login into through my Oculus without issue? I know I have to login to my account to use it, but it wouldn't also require me to ever actually view/interact with my account to continue to use my Oculus?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey DeCobra, you're correct, Facebook will not deactivate an account for inactivity. You can choose not to use Facebook's social platform and your Oculus account will not be affected. Hope that helps clear things up for you. 😊

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey DeCobra, that's a great question! You do not need to have the Facebook app on your phone to use your Oculus device. As you said, you cannot delete or deactivate your account, but removing the app from your phone will not prevent you from using your device. Please let us know if you have any additional questions we can help you with! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

So even if I never view my social account again, I won't have to worry about Facebook deactivating my account and my Oculus? 

Hey DeCobra, you're correct, Facebook will not deactivate an account for inactivity. You can choose not to use Facebook's social platform and your Oculus account will not be affected. Hope that helps clear things up for you. 😊

That it does! Thank you so much for the help!