cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Desktop says my PC is not on the same network as my Oculus

SaltShakin
Explorer
Hello, let me start off by saying that all I want to do is play steam vr games on my Oculus Quest 2 wirelessly. I've bought and downloaded Virtual Desktop, installed & downloaded Virtual Desktop from Side Quest, downloaded the Virtual Desktop app on PC and started the program, started Virtual Desktop on the Oculus, and when it connects to my pc through Virtual Desktop it says the PC is not on the same network. I live in an apartment with no router and I'm currently using the WIFI provided by the apartment complex, so I don't know what the problem is. What should I do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SaltShakin
Explorer
So the only way i fixed my problem was by purchasing and downloading Shadow onto my computer. It seems to be one of the few solutions to running steam games and making them run smoothly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

PITTCANNA
Visionary
If your computer supports hotspot hosting, connect with it that way.  

SaltShakin
Explorer

PITTCANNA said:

If your computer supports hotspot hosting, connect with it that way.  

When I try to do that it gives me the error "We can't set up mobile hotspot." In addition I'm not sure how that would work.

PITTCANNA
Visionary

SaltShakin
Explorer

PITTCANNA said:

follow this and connect to the computer network it creates.

After following those steps it worked, but said I had low performance because I wasn't connected to any router which I don't have, and I tested this by playing a VR game in my steam library and it glitched an extensive amount. What do you recommend for this?

PITTCANNA
Visionary
As long as the stream mbps is at 100 you should be fine

SaltShakin
Explorer

PITTCANNA said:

As long as the stream mbps is at 100 you should be fine

I have 400 mbps maximum and the level of lag is insanely terrible.

AkashiSeijuurou
Explorer
You can also use a mobile hotspot but make sure its using 5ghz instead of 2.4ghz. Since 2.4 has very limited output
I asked God for a bike but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked God for forgiveness

Hornetdragon
Honored Guest
i am getting the same issue but i am using my mobile hotspot and it still doesnt work 

SaltShakin
Explorer
So the only way i fixed my problem was by purchasing and downloading Shadow onto my computer. It seems to be one of the few solutions to running steam games and making them run smoothly.