cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vr chat not working

NinjaX5
Honored Guest

I can’t Load into any worlds or see my avatars I’ve tried all the solutions to it but nothing will work. I was playing just fine yesterday but it won’t work today. I’ve contacted Vrchat support but they are taking forever to respond. Does anyone have any fixes?

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey NinjaX5, 

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with VR chat. We want to get you connected back to your friends soon! 

We can provide you with a couple of troubleshooting steps, while you wait on a response from VRchat support. They would be able to assist you further if, after attempting the troubleshooting steps below, you still experience the same issue.

Please try:

• Uninstalling the application then downloading it again

• Please manually check the headset for any updates? To do this,

1. Put on the headset and open the "Settings" menu.

2. Select "See All" and then hit "About."

3. If an update is available, it'll display beside the headset's version information at the top of the screen. Click on the install button to begin the update.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us by opening an Oculus Support ticket, for any questions or concerns that you may have. We are always happy to help! 

Have a wonderful week! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

davis.lent.1
Explorer

I also got the same problem.

They did respond and this is what they said:

"Our troubleshooting steps for the Quest are limited, but a few things you can try are:

• First, fully power off your Quest to ensure that all processes and files related to VRChat are not being accessed. Next, perform a full reinstallation of VRChat.
  • If possible, connect your Oculus Quest to a different network. This can be either an alternative Wi-Fi connection or via tethering to a phone for mobile data.
  • Renew the IP address on your main connection. Most routers will do this when you power them off and on again.
  • In your router's settings, enable DMZ for your Quest. This will open all ports, so it's not advised to keep this enabled after testing.

Please let us know if you've noticed any improvements after trying out the troubleshooting steps and whether you're experiencing these issues with your Quest 2 in standalone mode or linked to a PC."

As these did not work for me, this is what they said:

"You may want to consider contacting Oculus Support and reviewing any possible troubleshooting steps with them here.

Some users have had success by factory resetting their headsets, but this does address every issue. You can also test other applications to make sure if any of them are properly working."