cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Crackling/Popping Noise while plugged in?

twoeyedcyclops
Honored Guest

My oculus quest makes a strange concerning popping/crackling sound when plugged in. Should I be concerned and has anybody else experienced this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @nicooberto0, Thanks for clarifying that it was the headset. We know how pesky this issue can be, considering it can mislead you to know the battery life while playing in VR. We also understand that  being able to gauge your battery life visually, can positively affect your play time and not lose progress data by indicating when the headset needs to charge before dying. We would love to do all that we can to assist you on this matter!

Can you please attempt the following troubleshooting to let us know if it helps with the issue:

• Hard reboot the headset.
    1. Power off the headset completely.
    2. Hold the Power button and Volume down (-) button at the same time until a menu appears.
    3. Select the option for "boot device".

• Factory reset the headset.
    1. First, turn on your cloud backup to save your app data and game progresses.
    2. Then, turn off your headset completely.
    3. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
    4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
    5. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Please update us on how this goes, can't wait to hear from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

JDM-Pickle
Honored Guest

i have this issue too but idk how or what is causing it

mortbort
Honored Guest

If it's coming from anything other than the speakers, I would definitely keep it unplugged. Audio feedback could be anything, but physical sounds are certainly not good.

Hi everyone! This sounds like an issue our team would need to look into 🔎. Please submit a support ticket with the details of your issue, and an agent will happily assist you. 🤗

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

nicooberto0
Honored Guest

Happened to me kinda I was playing beat saber and heard those kind of noises getting louder and louder and the game was lagging and then it turned off not sure what happened it is charging rn making no noises and has the red light so idk Update:I turned it on it is at 6 I haven’t done anything on it yet besides being in the setting up boundary state

Hey hey @nicooberto0! I'm a bit unclear on if you're still having this audio issue after charging your headset. It's a good sign that it stopped making the noise when you put it to charge though.

Please let me know if you're still having the audio issue or not, and if you are if it is happening only in Beat Saber or across other apps as well. Looking forward to an update from you!

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

Thank you for trying to help I haven’t played since I posted that until know. I beat the level I was struggling on (and crashed on) first try and had no problems. I’m guessing it was a problem with the battery. I played for only a bit and after just played fnaf vr for a bit which was fine too. To be more specific the noise was somewhat quiet at first and I thought it could be a problem with the controllers (they made a buzz when it vibrated but at the time and currently it doesn’t (putting the battery out and back in temporarily fixed it but it seems it’s mostly fixed as I have not heard it in some time.) same problem with the vibration kinda it got louder if I didn’t replace battery, every time it vibrated) but I heard it when my controller weren’t vibrating and it got super loud and then the screen just turned black and now it’s at full battery after charging Update:I played gtag for a bit still fine but I found some list of notifications accidentally and I saw low battery then very low battery bellow that and it said 2d ago also the vibrating thing happened a little it’s not a big problem but still

Happy to hear you beat that level; I know some Beat Saber songs can be tricky! 

From what I'm understanding, it sounds like the audio issue you had was related to a very low battery. If it comes back or happens again when your headset is fully charged, definitely let me know!

In regards to the vibration with your controller, it sounds like that is related to the low battery too, just with the controller this time. If that becomes more of an issue, let me know that too and we'll look into it further!

Good to hear the vibrating thing used to be a bigger issue but the thing says 100% and 90% 

If the vibration ever becomes more of a problem, I would definitely suggest either opening a support ticket yourself, or sending a private message to @MetaQuestSupport to take a closer look.

Until then, I hope you have a good time beating some more levels in Beat Saber and monkeying around in Gorilla Tag!