cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird issue with audio with Oculus Link

DrTygen
Honored Guest

Hi all!

I'm having a weird issue when using Oculus Link with Oculus Quest 1. Up until now I've been using it for half a year with no issues. Suddenly, this week, I started having really bad audio lag when using Oculus link. This happens in every game and even in the main menu, the audio keeps pausing and continuing in a way that makes games unplayable.

The weird thing is - I have no issues with audio when using the Quest in standalone mode, and if I select a different audio output for my PC (For example, my earphones), the audio works great. I thought this might have been the cable, but I tried a different one with the same result. I also tried updating to the latest NVIDIA drivers, but that didn't help either.

I have a GTX 1060 GPU, which can get heated up when playing VR games. Can this be causing the issue? It seems weird that a GPU will cause the audio problems, but I can't think of any other possibility at this point.

Has this happened to anyone? Any idea on how this can be solved?

5 REPLIES 5

markwest76
Expert Protege

I think it's due to the encode bitrate: for some strange reason v 25 of the Oculus software makes the audio stutter, so try to decrease that setting in the Oculus debug tool

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here, this seems to be a software issue on Oculus side, hopefully they fix it without us jumping through hoops. Unacceptable.

Aikidom666
Explorer

Same for me q2 but q1 work fine... 

rocknrolz
Protege

I have the same issue. It is very easy to tell just by listening to the choppy, stuttering audio. You don't even have to be in a game, it is very apparent even in the link home environment. 

Quest 1 is unplayable via link all of the sudden. Quest 2 is playable, but the issue is still there. I've been using link for a year and have loved it so much. I've had no hardware changes.