cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can i find a 3D model of the Oculus Quest?

nikolaj_peterse
Explorer
Hi, i am looking for an official 3D model of the Oculus Quest. I asked the support and they wont provide it, but told me it might be somewhere in the community ? 
I am making some ad-ons for the Quest in Solidwork and would need the 3D model for scale and shape. I looked on 3D model sites like sketchfab but they are not official. 
Something like a STEP, OBJ, FBX STL format? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
11 REPLIES 11

ezop73
Rising Star

It can be downloaded for FREE and it comes in either .ply (original format) or .gITF

falken76
Expert Consultant
Wow that's a dirty scan lol.  OP, do you have a quest of your own?  If so, just use it as the model and a trusty pair of Calipers for your measurements, you can make anything for it with that tool and the actual unit.

nikolaj_peterse
Explorer
Thanks for the comments, but i need to make a silicone cover that wraps around the quest tight. Therefore i need the CAD model to draw the cover in the exact shape. I was able to find the Go and make the blue cover from that. 
hwie5ffrur15.jpg

nikolaj_peterse
Explorer
And by the way, i have a Caliper and a Quest 🙂 

vrmaker
Explorer
So is this still an open issue?  as developers how do we find an official model?

nikolaj_peterse
Explorer
I still haven't found an official model. Best i could do was buying a custom made from turbosquid -
This was not accurate tho, so i had to spend a lot of time drawing my own 1 to 1 model. 

lorenzo.l.masini
Honored Guest

Hi Nikolaj,
Did you find something at the end? I need a 3d model for a similar purpose...