cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White horizontal stripe across screen while using link

Panzer_mk2
Honored Guest
Headset seems to work fine stand-alone.  I use the headset with IRacing, and often (not always) get a translucent horizontal stripe across the screen after about 15 minutes or so.  It doesn't feel like the headset is overheating.  This doesn't show up on the screen mirror on PC, or if I "mirror" with the debug tool.  Is this likely a failing display or is there somewhere else I should look?
1,110 REPLIES 1,110

Yep your right. The band aid fix only seems to only delay the distortion sadly (for me at least 30+ minutes). However I still find it better than without it. hopefully oculus can acknowledge the problem so they can do something about it.

I don't think they will ever acknowledge the problem. "Communicating" with support is like trying to communicate with bots. They run their little program and it's clear they don't really care about the issues at all. I doubt it even gets reported and taken to the devs to look at.

Sp0uny
Adventurer

Hi

I've tried what did raoulmarcelo, without success for me.

The white stripe was there in less than 2 minutes.

Then I reset the default settings in OculusDebugTool, and I could play something like 30 minutes without issue.

This stripe just appears randomly, I played dirt rally 2.0 for about 200 hours with this problem that I had plenty of time to realize.
Sometimes just after starting the PC it appears every 2 minutes, and sometimes the PC is powered on for hours (and hot) it does not appear for 15 to 30 minutes, it's just random.
The only time I was able to play for fifty hours without a problem was with the oculus link V23, since we switched to V24 it's painful.

I think your right, the distortions just happen at random. Things aren't looking to good as many solutions were attempted and failed. This now just leaves us at the mercy of oculus to "investigate" and "fix" this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

They never did an investigation for me. They just told me it was Codemasters issue and not their problem. 

Sp0uny
Adventurer

Just ask them why some people have the issue in Assetto Corsa Competizione, or/and in MFS2020, or/and in iRacing, and so on, if it's a Codamasters issue ?

N-Guy
Protege

Still having the issue on v29.

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

I hope v30 of PC app will solve this problem. Wired Link is garbage due to this problem now. Air Link is good, but low quliaty/unstable on high reflesh rate & resolution.

Sp0uny
Adventurer

Right, Air Link is good, but when I'm playing simracing games, I don't need to move and the cable is not a problem at all. For simracing, there are only advantages to play with Oculmus link and a cable (this white stripe problem excluded).

ShocksVR
Superstar

I had a very similar issue with v28, v29 except my visual artifact had a red tint instead of being white/bleached out. Refer to the attached pic posted earlier (Like this but a red/pink tint):  large (749×999) (oculusvr.com)

I was able to fix it by disabling Link settings in OTT, and setting ODT settings to default. For some reason, after the reset I can now change Link values back to custom settings via ODT (OTT Link still disabled) and the visual artifacts haven't returned. I played 90 minutes of Stormland last weekend and all went well.

i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S