cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White horizontal stripe across screen while using link

Panzer_mk2
Level 2
Headset seems to work fine stand-alone.  I use the headset with IRacing, and often (not always) get a translucent horizontal stripe across the screen after about 15 minutes or so.  It doesn't feel like the headset is overheating.  This doesn't show up on the screen mirror on PC, or if I "mirror" with the debug tool.  Is this likely a failing display or is there somewhere else I should look?
186 REPLIES 186

ShawnSkay
Level 3

HP OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-0038nc:

i7-10700K

Chipset Z490

2x16GB HyperX DDR4-3200 XMP

RTX 3080

Definitely it's not overheating problem, my GPU peaks around 70°C. I can confirm this issue started with Oculus update 24 or 25, so it's very probably software bug. Which hasn't been fixed for a months. 😕 Shame Oculus!

We don't need infinite office, keyboard tracking and other gimmicks, only we want is stable Link without this white stripe!

I've tested AirLink yesterday with Dirt 2.0 and white stripe issue isn't there, which is good, but latency in racing games is noticeable.

Sp0uny
Level 4

Last thing tested today, I've connected the Quest 2 & official Oculus link cable to the MSI B550 motherboard rear panel (USB3.2 Gen 2 10GB/S) instead of front panel connected to an USB 3.2 Gen1 5GB/S), same white stipe problem.

USB speed test in Oculus link gives me 2.5GB/S.

As usually, I've the problem in Dirt Rally 2.0, but not in ACC.

gargarbot
Level 2

One thought I had trying to isolate this issue is that I am not running the default brightness on my Quest. Is anyone else running a brightness that is not 100% on the Quest?

N-Guy
Level 3

Using OculusLogGatherer in the Diagnosis folder, I'm noticing a lot of these errors:

{!ERROR!} [xrstreaming] OculusVadSharedMemoryProducer::write: no available buffer availableSize = 0, maxStallDurationMs= 10

and

{!ERROR!} [Kernel:Error] OVR Error:

{!ERROR!} [xrstreaming] Frame 55098 dropped due to encoder backup

AlexiTQ
Level 4

Oculus support wants me to send in my headset for a replacement. They're refusing to answer why they think a replacement will help, considering everything points to a software issue and others have already tried different headsets without luck. Of course, they're also refusing cross shipping so the expected turnaround time is around two weeks.

Essentially, Oculus support is playing a useless charade for a two week turnaround that will do nothing to fix the problem. On top of that they're refusing to answer why they think it's a good idea, and why they can't even have the decency to offer cross shipping.

I guess if they want to turn customers to enemies, then they're doing everything right.

Sp0uny
Level 4

It may be worth a try.

It seems that not everyone has this problem, on my side I changed almost the entire PC, reinstalled everything, without success.

I hesitate to ask for the replacement of my headset just to try, the problem is if it is worse afterwards, in the sense that I only have this problem with Dirt Rallye 2, while others less fortunate have this issue in several games that I also play (MFS2020 and ACC).

Like I stated earlier I returned my original headset to Amazon and got a second one from Best Buy and the problem happened again immediately. Also 2 official Link Cables and 2 different aftermarket cables. 2 USB C to USB 3 adapters. One USB C powered pcie card and 4 different USB 3.0 ports on my computer. Nothing works. Still using my Rift S with Dirt Rally 2.0.

AlexiTQ
Level 4

Yeah, the only thing replacing the headset would be useful for is when demanding a full refund after the replacement shows the same issue. Considering how Oculus has handled this I will make sure to get both headset and cable fully refunded.

77OSCAR77
Level 2

Hello, after updating the bios of the video card and motherboard, the problem seems to be gone. Two days without white stripe. Maybe it's a hardware issue.

QUEST 1
Aorus Z490 Master
Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC

tanubon
Level 5

This problem happens on Link. It doesn't happen on Air Link. Hmm...