cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't we have hand tracking on Oculus Home?

Mad_Max_75
Protege

Is there a reason why we don't have hand tracking when connecting the Quest 2 to the PC?
For performance issues it will not be.

3 REPLIES 3

Mad_Max_75
Protege

Is there no official communication? Or a user opinion accepted by all?
Even a conspiracy theory?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I haven't experimented with carrying hand-tracking over to Oculus PCVR yet. I should do that soon.

From what I can tell, it is the VR Application itself that requires support for hand-tracking. Although I agree that Oculus PCVR should already have this supported natively.

Perhaps AirLink will get a hand-tracking update soon. For now, Virtual Desktop does support it. I see people on reddit who have been successful using Virtual Desktop and two applications: Blade & Sorcery, Lone Echo:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/k7aubj/can_the_builtin_hand_tracking_work_in_pcvr_game...

Hand-tracking seemed decent, but not perfect in those instances.

You should give Virtual Desktop a try to see how it works out.

Mad_Max_75
Protege

Thanks for the reply.
The truth is that I used Virtual Desktop for a long time, until the release of Air Link.

Although, my wish would be to have it in the Oculus Home menu, as in the Quest menu.

I usually use Quest2 as a PCVR for simracing and it would be much more comfortable for me to be able to manage both the menu and the desktop of my PC with hand tracking without having to get up from the cockpit.

Yes, I know that it is a very personal situation, but it does not mean that it is strange to be handling everything in the Quest menu with your hands and when you go to the Oculus Home having to get up to get the controller.

Thanks for your comment.