cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the IPD slider so bad?

Nalin
Protege
The Oculus Quest IPD slider doesn't give a numerical value while adjusting it.  I also cannot find any way to get back to the IPD adjustment screen with the green bars.  Why is this such a step back from the Rift?  My experience so far is fiddling with the slider, seeing if I get a headache, taking some pills, and trying all over again.  This seems like a huge oversight.
12 REPLIES 12

Sicktrash
Expert Protege
It doesn't seem to make much difference at all..and it's so stiff too

TechForce
Protege
I had no problem with it.  The adjustment was subtle and you have to watch the green bars closely.  

FlakMagnet
Adventurer
Definitely need a way to get back to the calibration screen. Especially as I'll be giving my Quest to others to try out and want to be able to set my IPD back to what it was before. This also makes having the measurement on-screen when changing it important!

Giovanni0109
Honored Guest
Agree that there needs to be a way to get back to the calibration screen. Or at least show the IPD numbers somewhere. 

Sicktrash
Expert Protege
Am I missing something or do I have very average eyes...

I can't tell much difference with it slid either way

LVNDSCAPE
Protege
This really needs a onscreen Setting to match the IPD accurate like 65, 64, 63 whatever....  

kojack
MVP
MVP

Nalin said:

I also cannot find any way to get back to the IPD adjustment screen with the green bars. 
Open the Library, go to tutorials and select Headset Fit and Focus. That's the green bar adjustment program.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

ClassicClark
Honored Guest
When your adjusting it, and IPD configuration overlay should just pop up like when you receive a casting request. But after 2 seconds of not adjusting it, it should disappear and return to the application. 

Lujho
Expert Protege
Yes, it's bonkers that the measurement doesn't show up for a few seconds when you adjust it like the Rift does. Why would they omit such an obviously helpful feature?